No announcement yet.

What size shoes do you wear?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame.

Yep. I know a lot of people that have some sort of weird pride about wearing big shoes or being very tall though. If you posted a thread called 'How tall are you?' you'd see a lot of people gloating about how huge they are.
    Grind
    http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

Yep. I know a lot of people that have some sort of weird pride about wearing big shoes or being very tall though. If you posted a thread called 'How tall are you?' you'd see a lot of people gloating about how huge they are.

I don't see the appeal (6'3"). I'd quite happily lose a few inches in height and drop a shoe size or three. It just makes life more difficult- I'm not exactly freakishly tall, and there are plenty of people with bigger feet than me, but I still have a hard time finding clothes that fit well (unless I decide that the Nels Cline tall-man's ankle-swingers look is for me) because clothes makers seem to assume that anyone who's six feet tall must be six feet wide too, and I have to be careful not to hit my head on door frames, particularly in older buildings.

I can't sit comfortably in the back seat of a good proportion of cars, I really ought to have a raised desk at work so I don't have to hunch over and hurt my back to see my screen, none of the main shoe chains stock my size in more than one or two styles, or more commonly don't stock them at all.

The plus side? People ask me to get things for them off the top shelves at the supermarket and make piercingly insightful comments like "you're tall" and "you have big feet" (and occasionally the associated "you know what they say about men with big feet" stuff) as if I'm going to say "oh ****************! really? When did that happen? What do they say about men with big feet?". I get asked for directions a lot. I think people think I can see the place they're trying to get to from all the way up here

Comment

I don't see the appeal (6'3"). I'd quite happily lose a few inches in height and drop a shoe size or three. It just makes life more difficult- I'm not exactly freakishly tall, and there are plenty of people with bigger feet than me, but I still have a hard time finding clothes that fit well (unless I decide that the Nels Cline tall-man's ankle-swingers look is for me) because clothes makers seem to assume that anyone who's six feet tall must be six feet wide too, and I have to be careful not to hit my head on door frames, particularly in older buildings.

I can't sit comfortably in the back seat of a good proportion of cars, I really ought to have a raised desk at work so I don't have to hunch over and hurt my back to see my screen, none of the main shoe chains stock my size in more than one or two styles, or more commonly don't stock them at all.

The plus side? People ask me to get things for them off the top shelves at the supermarket and make piercingly insightful comments like "you're tall" and "you have big feet" (and occasionally the associated "you know what they say about men with big feet" stuff) as if I'm going to say "oh ****************! really? When did that happen? What do they say about men with big feet?". I get asked for directions a lot. I think people think I can see the place they're trying to get to from all the way up here

Much agreed, particularly on the clothes thing. I'm 6'2" and 150 lbs. so I usually rock a medium, but a lot of shirts I don't get cause they're too short.
        Guitars: Gibson ES-339, Fender '72 Road Worn Deluxe Telecaster, Fender '62 Bigsby Telecaster Reissue, Fender 60's Stratocaster
        Pedals: Korg Pitchblack > Danelectro TOD-1 > Catalinbread DLS > Keeley BD-2 > Retro-Sonic Phaser > Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay > Boss DD-6 > Thundertweak Delay > Catalinbread Semaphore > Hardwire RV-7
        Amps: Marshall JMP 2104, Vox AC15C1

Good deals with: Keith SIO, homestar_kevin, thesockmonster, FLYING V 83, johnnyunitas, Sir_Dr_Lawyer, Used666

Comment

Well, I'm 6'4"... not gloating or anything, just stating a fact. It has it's advantages and disadvantages... as I'm sure other heights do also.

Comment

Oh crap... tell me about it. The clothes thing bugs me. Somehow all the manufacturers decided to change from even sizes to odd sizes so it's even harder to get trousers long enough.

Comment

6' 3" , 190 llb, size 12 shoes

Comment

5'10", 230 lbs. size 12 1/2 shoe.

I'm not bizarrely proud of my large feet, but they make a nice conversation piece.
                I like guitars.

Comment

Here are my 13's though they're a bit more scuffed now.

I'm glad my feet are not larger though - I've had to buy size 14 before and it's a pain in the ass.

Comment

Ha, depending on your monitor that picture might be actual sized.

Comment

Comment

12 like a mother ****************er. In the Jesus ****************ing "U"SA, that is.

Comment

I'm 6'3", 285lbs size 15 shoe. Rockin a x/xxl shirt. I have a really long abdomen, so if I don't get a tall size, my stomach shows.

Comment

• lefort_1
                            lefort_1 commented
                            Editing a comment

10.5 ...ish

in boots usually a 9.5 - 10, but I've got narrowass feet so width is just as important, to me.

• BrentMpls
                            BrentMpls commented
                            Editing a comment

Attached Files

11.  American.  Standard.

Comment

Size 10

Comment

• riff ie
                              riff ie commented
                              Editing a comment

this has got to be

6 or 6.5...and yes, I'm a circus midget.

Comment

Working...
                            X