No announcement yet.

Uncool Revisited

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wades_keys View Post
    Whatever your "in the zone/DGAF" stage persona demands you wear.
    I was tuned DGCF actually

I'm only half kidding as well, being on the far side of my 40's and dealing with RA in the knee and a big buncha gray. I try and color match with what the other guys wear; we do, I should say, but it's not entirely a "formal" process LOL. It kinda takes on a life of its own, a "character", and there are hats and all that stuff that kind of define that "character". Some people say "Rock that look". It's kinda like that I think. Anything but being and looking STIFF and FORCED. So back to "rock that look".
    Well, this was just supposed to be jokin' about the stereotype but in case anyone cares here's a pict that shows more of the band's "image":

If I was to take this seriously the only things I would change is the cargo shorts and socks for slacks and the socks for "normal" length I think? It was supposed to be a one-off hippy/folk/rock 30 minute set for a benefit but we might keep it goin' - got a couple more gigs offered if we want them, go figure LOL.
    Last edited by RoadRanger; 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Ahhhh .... when it comes to getting dressed - once you've got your balls covered - everything else is just gravy.
      Last edited by SpaceNorman; 06-09-2014, 09:22 PM.
      The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
      www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
      Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
      Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

^

Comment

Reminded now why I should not read this forum right after breakfast.

Comment

Gravy balls? Wasn't that subject covered in the groupies thread?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkfloydcramer61 View Post
              Gravy balls? Wasn't that subject covered in the groupies thread?
              Did the fella who had the running, multi-part story in that thread ever get around to writing the book he was working on? That'd be worth reading.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              "Vaginas are nice, but I wouldn't trade my balls for one." - boxorox

Comment

The only semi-uncool thing I can see is the chin strap on the hat. Musta been windy...
                Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

Is that kinda like the organ donors I've seen riding around in Massachusetts with their chin straps undone? Guess it's cool or somethin' like wearing your pants down around your knees .

Comment

Originally posted by MDLMUSIC View Post
                    The only semi-uncool thing I can see is the chin strap on the hat. Musta been windy...
                    those sailing hats actually have a loop that's laced to where it goes under your chin and one that loops down by your neck. If they blow off from the front or the rear , you expensive lid doesn't end up in the drink. It works most of the time. I had my trusty tilly vented sailing hat go overboard the other day while sailing, but then I was out in 25 gusting to over 30 mph. The cool part was ,, I called a man overboard drill,,, and came about ,,, sailed back on the reciprocal heading ,,, came about again and came out on the original heading... and hooked it out of the bay with a boat hook, Text book perfect man over board drill.. Down here the sun is brutal so those hats are common with the locals. Tourists wear ball hats and get cooked. cool is one thing,,,, losing a 85 dollar hat is another. I got mine for 29 bucks on sale. I sure as hell don't want to lose it... so the chin strap gets used a lot. I blows like billy stink down here all the time.
                    Last edited by TIMKEYS; 06-19-2014, 11:06 PM.
                    "you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park"

Comment

I think the man looks fine (which probably means he is an egregious fashion/coolness violater, coming from someone who goes out in public looking like Larry the Cable Guy). To me, short, white socks in warm weather say "I'm not stupid". You wear shorts to stay cool, so why ruin it by pulling dark socks up to your knees? Plus, as far as I can tell, his balls are entirely covered.

Comment

I'm tempted to argue that anyone who dresses like that on stage has no balls TO cover, but I don't wanna make this personal...

Comment

Originally posted by modulusman View Post
                          Dork shorts and a birth control shirt.

You just decided the name of my next band: "Dork Shortz & The Birth Control Teez"

LOVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
                            I'm tempted to argue that anyone who dresses like that on stage has no balls TO cover, but I don't wanna make this personal...
                            Well wearing shorts like that does provide more air movement so less chance of a yeast infection. lol

Comment

Originally posted by pinkfloydcramer61 View Post
                              I think the man looks fine (which probably means he is an egregious fashion/coolness violater, coming from someone who goes out in public looking like Larry the Cable Guy). To me, short, white socks in warm weather say "I'm not stupid". You wear shorts to stay cool, so why ruin it by pulling dark socks up to your knees? Plus, as far as I can tell, his balls are entirely covered.
                              If I wear normal length athletic Sox I always push them down to my ankles anyway.Much more comfortable. He is dressed kinda dorky, IMO but I have no idea what they play. Certainly doesn't fit a DEAD/ old hippie vibe.
                              Last edited by tlbonehead; 07-04-2014, 05:19 AM.
                              tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                              www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                              -For Sale:
                              -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                              -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                              - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                              - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                              - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

So few people even go out to bars to see bands, don't care, even festival bands are a side-show and largely ignored. You might actually get a better response if you DO wear knee-high socks and break all the conventional rules. Really, nobody cares.
                                Epihpone LP and Dot.
                                Fender American Strat HSS
                                Blackstar Stage-100 Head, 2x12 Blackstar Cab
                                Marshall 4x10 Cab
                                Pedals, pedals, and more pedals. Favs include CH-1, NS-1, FlexDrive, Digitach Supernatural Reverb, Digitech Hardwire Digital Delay, MXR Carbon Copy analog delay.- WALL OF SOUND

Comment

Working...
                                X