Uncool Revisited

• Members
I'm tempted to argue that anyone who dresses like that on stage has no balls TO cover' date=' but I don't wanna make this personal...[/quote']

Well wearing shorts like that does provide more air movement so less chance of a yeast infection. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I think the man looks fine (which probably means he is an egregious fashion/coolness violater' date=' coming from someone who goes out in public looking like Larry the Cable Guy). To me, short, white socks in warm weather say "I'm not stupid". You wear shorts to stay cool, so why ruin it by pulling dark socks up to your knees? Plus, as far as I can tell, his balls are entirely covered. [/quote']

If I wear normal length athletic Sox I always push them down to my ankles anyway.Much more comfortable. He is dressed kinda dorky, IMO but I have no idea what they play. Certainly doesn't fit a DEAD/ old hippie vibe.

• Members

So few people even go out to bars to see bands, don't care, even festival bands are a side-show and largely ignored. You might actually get a better response if you DO wear knee-high socks and break all the conventional rules. Really, nobody cares.

• Members
So few people even go out to bars to see bands' date=' don't care, even festival bands are a side-show and largely ignored. You might actually get a better response if you DO wear knee-high socks and break all the conventional rules. Really, nobody cares.[/quote']why are bars full WHEN a popular band pays there if no one goes?

• Members

Or to look cool, as the case may be...

5---Shorts-and-thongs-in-the-snow.jpg

The band I'm playing with this weekend the Drummer always wears shorts. Even in the winter. Playing a wedding with him tomorrow and he will show up in shorts. Maybe someday his balls will freeze off so at least he will be unable to breed. lol

• Members
If they are being paid' date=' having fun, and the audience is enjoying their music, then they are cool! Although, I don't care for the color of the drums. And I don't see anyone playing a cowbell.[/quote']No pay :( but it was a benefit. OTOH I played with a different band last night with the same "uniform" and we got paid, paid for a fifth hour - and the drummer had a foot operated cowbell and nailed the solo to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida when we jammed it to fill up the last set (someone requested it as a joke :) ).

• Members
No pay :( but it was a benefit. OTOH I played with a different band last night with the same "uniform" and we got paid' date=' paid for a fifth hour - and the drummer had a foot operated cowbell and nailed the solo to In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida when we jammed it to fill up the last set (someone requested it as a joke :) ).

Benefits are cool too. We do a few a year. All of us are fortunate to be playing as a hobby, but we do charge competitive rates.

Archived