Name A Guitar Company

Elias Graves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brand names: Fayle, Swampdonkey, OldBedframe, Fake/Faek.

Guitar names for Fayle: Massive, Epic, Slight, Kind-of.
Swampdonkey: Turd, Brick, Hick.
OldBedframe: See; Ikea Furniture catalogue.
Fake/Faek: Gibsin Lespel, Fenderbender.

• Members

models would include:

NOOB
(1 pickup, no knobs, non-removable strings, no visible screws, instructions on how to sit on the edge of your bed while playing. Compatible with X-Box.)

Wanker
(63 scalloped frets -
even between the pickups
- with 14" gear shift style whammy bar. No instructions - because you should already know! However, includes 3 collector's edition trading cards from the Worldwide Air Guitar Championships and 1 piece of stale bubblegum.)

SnorkelDick
( birds
everywhere!!!
, AAAAAAAA++++++ tops, backs, sides, necks, tuning keys, nut, control knobs, pickup rings, jackplate, and case. Instruction manual illustrates various positions to use while standing in front of a mirror and holding the guitar -
holding
, not playing!)

BrOOtalZ
(points
all over the place
& comes with its own sharpening kit, available in black or even darker black. Misspelled instructions are all in a single paragraph, lacking punctuation.)

W.T.F.
(no pickups, no fretboard markers, no controls, no jack, ships unstrung. No instructions - like you didn't see that one coming! This is the upscale version of the NOOB.)

L.O.L.
(strung backwards and all controls work in reverse. Instructions say "see diagram" - even though there are no diagrams!)

Dino-Turd
Relic to the extreme. Swamp ash body, dug right out of a swamp and contoured in a wood chipper. Body finished with one small dot of 1952 Ford lacquer in the control cavity. Two clumps of rust for pickups. 6 different tuning machines (all rusty and stripped, of course). Broken fossilized whoknowswhatcritteritmightabeen nut. Bakelite control knobs from a Sopwith Camel (the airplane - not the band). 18th century period correct wiring. (Instruction manual was soaked in some kind of crud and is totally illegible. You won't need it, anyways. Moldy case with broken latches, missing handle, and duct tape shell. Furnished with COA and formal, written apology from someone's grandma whose 2nd cousin once worked at the factory for a week or two.)

:D

I think I have owned almost every one of these at some point.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

Resurrecting this nearly decade old thread because it's something that's been on my mind as I build my first guitar. I could just put my name on it, but I'm looking for something different.

Northville: Top contender so far. It's the tiny little town I was raised in. Barely a dot on a map and less than a dozen people live there.

Hardware: My grandparents used to own a television and hardware store and it was another big part of growing up and probably a large part of the reason I keep trying to be self-employed. "TV & Hardware" is a possibility, but maybe it's too close to "TV Jones" or "TV Yellow".

Neat & Keen: This is my art studio. Kind of prefer to call the guitar "brand" something else, but I guess it's on the table.

Salt: A reference to my last name, Morton. I feel my name by itself is too similar to Martin, and I think there's a company with that name already making guitars.

Cecilia: Not just a song by Simon & Garfunkel, she's also the patron saint of music. Somebody's got to be using this already, right?

Read a thing on marketing and branding and it mentioned using latin words or combinations, thereof. Sprite of course was a word, but seldom used. Verizon is a combination of "veritas" (meaning truth) and "horizon".

And then there are combinations...maybe Cecilia Hardware.

• Members

Fun post.... Okay, I'm game

"My" guitars, maybe made in Malaysia for added fun. "Where is My Guitar?" get some "Who's on first?" things going... 2nd choice "Your" brand. I did a some fiddling with Gretsch logos etc for my Ibanez hollow body.... Grouch okay name? "For geezers by wannabe geezers" fetch?filedataid=123540

Archived