What do you get when you cross METAL with DISCO?

• Members

That is NOT something that should be watched if you are drinking any kind of hot beverage!!

I love these lines in their promo material:

"Tragedy is the No. 1 Heavy Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees in the Tri-State Area, New England, the United Kingdom, and eastern Pennsylvania."

Aren't they probably the ONLY Heavy Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees in the Tri-State Area, New England, the United Kingdom, and eastern Pennsylvania?

"Audiences today are craving a metal Bee Gees experience more than ever."

Gotta agree there. Some days it seems every third post in SSS is another one of those "Damn! The music industry sucks. All I want is a metal Bees Gees experience" type of comment.

• Members

" What do you get when you cross METAL with DISCO?"

In theory, maybe you'd get the first metal song with a nice melody line? That would be an evolutionary leap.

I'll have to listen to the link.

UPDATE:

I listened. I don't think the Bee Gees have anything to worry about.

How many ways did it suck? It sucked in myriad ways. Start with

the drums and run with it.

I can't wait till they do "How Deep Is Your Love".

• Members
I can't wait till they do "How Deep Is Your Love".

They did, it's on the jukebox there. And therin lies their problem. This is a once over novelty joke and they put everything up on their site that anyone would be curious about. Now there's no reason to buy their CD or travel anywhere to see them. :D

• Members

Oh my God. That's fairly amusing. And definitely got that early 80's Krokus with Vince Niel singing vibe.

I was honestly hoping it was some crust/grind/death metal something or other.

But, it's actually been done. This concept is actually not new (A.C.), but these guys have to be the first to do a whole band on it.

---

My bud from a forum long before I hit this one makes some jams that pretty much are metal meets disco.

http://www.myspace.com/harvyst

• Members

I can totally hear that version of "How Deep Is Your Love" as being a #1 hit in 1987, though I doubt any of the real '80s hair metal bands would've had the guts to do it. Ironically, the Bee Gees now probably have more "cred" than the majority of them ever will. :)

Archived