GIBSON EXPERTS - ARE THESE FAKES?

Johansolo

• Members

was at a second hand pawn shop and stumbled across this for $500(AUD) and got really excited. picked it up and had a play and it sounded cool.

got the serial number down and thought i stumbled across a bargain

pics

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

then i looked around and saw 2 more "gibsons"...lespauls...for $500 AUD

thats when i thought...hmmm? somethings not right here.

i picked them up and they were heavey as well but ive not an expert at iding

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

they even put gibson stickers on the pickups.

if they arent fake...damn

someone please assure me that they are fake. ive read about the chinese copies on ebay but never seen one in AUS before

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BAD Chinese fakes:

*First git has incorrect serial# (which is silkscreened, not stamped), and the horns are funny looking.

*Second and third gits (LPs) have the telltale issues of incorrect headstock, three-screw truss rod cover, etc.

• Members

how would i report them?

as i am in perth western australia

and the shop is a second hand/hock shop (called cash convertors...the have outlets state wide that buy/sell second hand goods)

someones probably done a shifty on the actual store or the store knows they are fakes and are selling thme cheap?

or should i just go back to the store and yell and point "FAKE" to the manager?

• Members

no, just send en email to gibson with the store and contact info, then call the police non-emergency if you have it, and tip them off that the store is selling counterfeit merchandise, it is very much illegal. the store has to know.

• Members

ok...ive emailed gibson with the store and head office details

aslo called the local police (which are around the corner from the shop) but they said it wasnt illegal to sell counterfeit goods and they didnt wnat to know about it.

pic10712.jpg

• Members

aslo called the local police (which are around the corner from the shop) but they said it wasnt illegal to sell counterfeit goods and they didnt wnat to know about it.

Double facepalm indeed. Must be a nice life for your police if they can sit around ignoring crime.

Laws in Australia are similar to the US and the UK, it says here. http://www.worldtrademarkreview.com/issues/Article.ashx?g=4eb04f23-5031-4af8-b761-4bc444475984

• Members

Double facepalm indeed. Must be a nice life for your police if they can sit around ignoring crime.

Laws in Australia are similar to the US and the UK, it says here.

to be fair, what kind of a cop wants to waste his time putting guitars in a garbage dump, and NOT charging a chinese dude - in china - out of his jurisdiction - for making counterfeit items.

Its a waste of time and money. I'm glad they have more time to stop real threats. Let interpol deal with it. It is ultimately their job after all.

• Members

aslo called the local police (which are around the corner from the shop) but
they said it wasnt illegal to sell counterfeit goods
and they didnt wnat to know about it.

Its not!? This gives me an idea... im totally gonna start selling squiers with fender badges now :thu:

Which cashies is this btw? I too am a citizen of the teeming metropolis of Perth

• Members

to be fair, what kind of a cop wants to waste his time putting guitars in a garbage dump, and NOT charging a chinese dude - in china - out of his jurisdiction - for making counterfeit items.

Its a waste of time and money. I'm glad they have more time to stop real threats. Let interpol deal with it. It is ultimately their job after all.

The shopkeeper is committing a crime. S/he could and should be charged.

• Members

Its not!? This gives me an idea... im totally gonna start selling squiers with fender badges now
:thu:

Which cashies is this btw? I too am a citizen of the teeming metropolis of Perth

theyre at cash convertors in morley. near the galleria

also when i asked the constable, he sounded like he didnt know 100% what he was talking about...he rambled on that it was more of a federal issue etc

i told him it was cashies and he said well...yeah err ah nothing we can do.

be interesting to see if gibson respond

• Members

theyre at cash convertors in morley. near the galleria

also when i asked the constable, he sounded like he didnt know 100% what he was talking about...he rambled on that it was more of a federal issue etc

i told him it was cashies and he said well...yeah err ah nothing we can do.

be interesting to see if gibson respond

:lol:

i never met a cashies anywhere in perth tht did'nt know the real price of their goods...whether their goods are fake or not

invariably, they also overcharge too ...:D

Archived