New Water Drop Effect Guitar Project

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sorry, i've kinda been slacking on this project a bit....

i could have got started on the headstock and should have but i've just been hitting the rough spots on the guitar with sanding sealer. this is getting closer to being ready, but still needs a couple more coats and a little sanding...

in the meantime, i did build a kegerator... :thu:

a friend of mine and i brew our own beer and i have always bottled. really wanted a keg system from the beginning, but never got to it... well now i have, first two beers are going in on Saturday. An IPA and a Holiday Special Ale...

dcam3472mh3.jpg
dcam3473fg8.jpg

back to more guitar progress tomorrow. gonna sand the headstock lightly and spray silver water drops on it :thu:

• Members

oh thanks alot , its after 12 midnight all the stores around here are closed and now i got a real bad craving for a can of cold root beer cause of that fridge picture of yours.... :mad: .... bag of barbecue chips wouldnt hurt none either.. :lol:

man i got the munchies real bad now...lol
RNB381_01.jpg

man i can eat a whole bag of these English licorice candys
hb15052.english.licorice.allsorts.jpg

thBigTurk.jpg

prod-bbq.gif

hires_can.jpg

homer_simpson31.jpg

Oh great god of the munchies why does'th thou torment me so ..... doh.. :facepalm:

• Members

later...

hope to get some updated pics up tomorrow night sometime... possibly a little headstock action and if all goes well maybe even some primer shots of the body...

i may have to add a little more sanding sealer. this spray is quick and easy, but it does not coat as heavy as brushing the sealer on.

however, with that said, i have almost completely sealed the guitar. just a couple more stubborn spots to finish...

this is the most important part of a re-finish. i have found without totally sealing the wood grain, you are destined for flaws...

• Members

ok, progress... keg is up and running with C02, ready for beer... one keg had a pressure relief valve issue, but the kegconnection.com is sending me a new one... so far it's holding pressure !!! beer on Saturday :thu:

and the guitar.

sanding sealer is now completely covering ever part of the guitar and has been wet sanded with 400 grit...

headstock has been wet sanded with 400 grit...

i'm off to Auto Zone for my primer and silver paint...

more updates later this evening. :thu:

dcam3477nx7.jpg

• Members
update...

neck screws shortened, body counter sunk, neck glued, screwed and set....

wood filler on top of the screws and clamped !!!

dcam3482wj6.jpg
dcam3483rb3.jpg

I'm I the only one who had a big, "Ooh!" reaction to seeing the clamp directly on the body and frets?

A bit of soft wood and perhaps even some bits of leather between the clamp and frets might be prudent.

• Members

I'm I the only one who had a big, "Ooh!" reaction to seeing the clamp directly on the body and frets?

A bit of soft wood and perhaps even some bits of leather between the clamp and frets might be prudent.

you're right. i dented the back of the last guitar i did this too.

i did remember not to clamp to tight this time, but i have placed a couple wood blocks in between the clamp and body/fretboard since this picture...

Archived