New Water Drop Effect Guitar Project

GuitarNoobie

• Members

Okay.

TERRIBLE IDEA.

Ready?

Shoot two colors, from opposite directions, at once, on the same drops.

For example, you shot black against the bottoms of the drops, right? How about shooting, say, RED from the top? Or bright yellow? So each drop has two colors.

And yes, the idea to go all-chrome with the hardware was the BEST decision for finishing the job. All that chrome looks so damn good. I'm glad that once you picked a color scheme, you went 100% with every detail! It's something people don't think about, but victory comes from the details!

m/ m/ m/ m/ out of a possible 4.

ON-STAGE PICS!!!!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Okay.

TERRIBLE IDEA.

Ready?

Shoot two colors, from opposite directions, at once, on the same drops.

For example, you shot black against the bottoms of the drops, right? How about shooting, say, RED from the top? Or bright yellow? So each drop has two colors.

And yes, the idea to go all-chrome with the hardware was the BEST decision for finishing the job. All that chrome looks so damn good. I'm glad that once you picked a color scheme, you went 100% with every detail! It's something people don't think about, but victory comes from the details!

m/ m/ m/ m/ out of a possible 4.

ON-STAGE PICS!!!!

thanks man, appreciate the nice comments...

i won't be painting this effect again anytime soon, but you have an idea for sure. i think it might kinda take away from the 3-D effect as the black paint adds a shadow so to speak.

no on stage pics until I can put my band back together :cry:

• Members

GREAT work, Noobie! I was away for a few weeks and missed all the fun.

If the Dean folks do put out one similar to yours, I can only imagine the price for the added paint work.

I'm really glad you decided to stay with the chrome after all. Everything just falls together. Well, except for the switch tip ;)

Do you have another project in the works?

• Members

I tried this multiple drop layer idea, and it did not work. It just takes away from the initial layer's ability to stand out. It could have been the color combo I used though. I tried using the exact opposite of GuitarNoobie and did silver on black background with the water drop effect. It came out cool, but not nearly as nice as the V!!!

IMG_3126-1.jpg

Looks like a printed photo of the moon's surface, very boutique. Very cool but nowhere like the waterdrop V.

Drops on drops would just look unrealistic like what I quoted. Now if you combined that with the multicolor drops...nah, you'd just get a blur of dull drops and the results would be nauseating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members
you know I am. this guitar is a keeper
:rawk:

thanks man
:wave:

EDIT: wow, I just realized this thread has almost 1000 posts... how long did it take to read ???
:confused:

he actually read the whole thing..:eek: wow hang on while i call up the Guinness book of world records speed reading department.. :eek: .:lol:

• Members

i will very lightly wet sand it before coating with Deft Nitro Clear... on the piece of wood above, i sprayed it with a light coat of poly and the 3-D effect really took....

Don't spray nitro over your enamel paint (he says to use enamel paint in the video). It will lift the paint and ruin your work. Make sure your paint and clear are compatible.

Archived