New Water Drop Effect Guitar Project

GuitarNoobie

• Members

With all of the spraying you have been doing lately have you thought of setting up some sort of booth? In the background of the photo's you can see the over spray building up. Your builds are great and thanks for all of the photo's

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Awesome man! I've enjoyed 2 of your threads greatly so far. Thanks for contributing!

my pleasure and thanks... :thu:

as i have stated before, i do this because i like it and i wanna show others it's not that hard, just takes some patience. and a few steps backwards sometimes :)

• Members
hey, just noticed you are new to the forum....

welcome my friend
:wave:

thanks ive been really interested in the forums here for a while, i just never had internet access to get started. your build is looking great by the way, i cant wait to see the finished product.
:wave:

• Members

I just want to say thanks a lot for these threads. I have followed a few now but I haven't posted before. That silver really looks great and I am really intrigued by the water drop effect. Well done so far!

Keep up the encouraging work!

Greg

• Members
I just want to say thanks a lot for these threads. I have followed a few now but I haven't posted before. That silver really looks great and I am really intrigued by the water drop effect. Well done so far!

Keep up the encouraging work!

Greg

thanks greg...

appreciate your comments :thu:

• Members

Hey just an idea if you havent sprayed the water yet....If you actually lay a few coats of clear on OVER the silver BEFORE you spay on the water, and do the water drop effect, it will result in a more 3 d effect, more like beaded water droplets on the surface of a highly waxed clearcoat, like a car. If you do the water drop effect immediately over the silver, and THEN clearcoat with no intermediate clearcoat step, it will still look awesome, but slightly less like beaded water on a highly waxed surface.I think....In theory.Anyway, thought it was an idea worth looking into if it could improve the overall result for little extra work.

• Members

Hey just an idea if you havent sprayed the water yet....If you actually lay a few coats of clear on OVER the silver BEFORE you spay on the water, and do the water drop effect, it will result in a more 3 d effect, more like beaded water droplets on the surface of a highly waxed clearcoat, like a car. If you do the water drop effect immediately over the silver, and THEN clearcoat with no intermediate clearcoat step, it will still look awesome, but slightly less like beaded water on a highly waxed surface.I think....In theory.Anyway, thought it was an idea worth looking into if it could improve the overall result for little extra work.

• Members

I think that's an awesome idea! That would definitely add depth to the paintjob. :thu: Dave!

• Members

not a bad idea at all...

and if it gets messed up i can sand it without getting into the Silver... ;)

but the clear i am using takes at least 2 weeks to cure. got any other ideas for a quick curing clear that doesn't yellow???

Archived