• Last Reply
  • Members
dcam3920gv9.jpg
dcam3922lx3.jpg
dcam3923ny6.jpg
dcam3924ja4.jpg
dcam3926gs4.jpg

bump for pics.

This is seriously awesome! Had I seen a finish like this on a production guitar I probably would have avoided it (just not my style I guess), but seeing the work you put in and watching it come together has changed my mind on it. You've definitely done some great work on this project!

• Members

thanks for the recent compliments...

i have been off work this week and extremely busy catching up on stuff i needed to do. :cry:

and today, i am preparing for a house full of people for Thanksgiving tomorrow... smoking a 18 pound turkey tomorrow. gotta get up around 4 or 5 AM to get it started :eek:

anyway, i probably will not be able to get back to this guitar until the upcoming weekend...

but you guys will be the first to know when she is done.... :thu:

• Members
For the love of God, will you PLEASE put some strings on that bitch and end this?!?

Looks sweet man..
:thu:

:lol: thanks man !!!

i am trying man... spent 8 hours cleaning house today and another 2 hours running around getting my last minute stuff for Thanksgiving... i have almost finished preparing. tomorrow should be good; family, friends, food and football...

i promise i will finish this guitar up this upcoming weekend... :facepalm:

• Members

you guys will be happy to know that today i have begun my final sanding and buffing.

this make take some time as the clear is cured very well and is very tough. i have spent about 30 mins on it so far and i only have about 1/4 of the back of the guitar sanded.

i am removing all orange peel before a final buffing. all my lower grit sand papers are gone. i started with 1000 grit, but quickly moved down to 800 (my lowest in stock) and it is slow going.... if i had some 400 grit, i would probably start with it...

i also have some meguiars fine-cut cleaner which i may try in place of the sand paper, but i don't think it will cut through like 800 grit sandpaper.

anyway, when finished, i will do a final buff with meguiars swirl remover 2.0 and then a guitar wax....

good news is that the portion i have sanded is smooth as a babys ass.... :thu:

• Members

allright, i gotta head to the auto parts store for more sandpaper.

the 800 grit is killing my arm trying to get all the orange peel out and the 1000 grit still left some slight scratch marks.

so off to the store for some 1200 grit and 400 grit...

but, here's a pic of a small portion that i went ahead and applied the fine-cut and swirl remover. getting a real nice shine and reflection...

dcam3933lk8.jpg

better photo's later and we will have to get sunshine shots later as it's raining here today and it's almost dark anyway...

Archived