New Water Drop Effect Guitar Project

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Buuuuuuuuuump.

I told you we wouldn't let the thread slip completely off the radar. =)

Last night, while working on a power supply for multiple stomp boxes, I thought of you and this thread. It seems like it's taking forever to do this project, but I want to do it right and I think and rethink steps as I go along. I've already changed the design and features a number of times and at this point, it's like doing Version 3 and I like it even more.

Patience is paying off. Because of keeping up with this thread and your being patient, it's inspired me to remain patient while doing my project. Thank you =)

• Members
:snax::bor::bor::bor:...someone wake when the final pics are posted... :lol:

yeah im generally an impatient person, the waiting part of refinishing guitars drives me nuts too... lol ...:lol:.... NOW NOW NOW we want it now...:lol:

just teasing man , take your time and do it right ....

But can you hurry up and do it right a little faster.. he he he :cop::lol:

cheers ;)

• Members
:snax:

all i can do is wait just like you guys

:snax:

To check if it's "done", try to stab it with your fingernail... somewhere where it won't show of course. If it hasn't cured yet, you'll dent it with your fingernail. If not, it's good to go.

LOL! It's kind of like sticking a toothpick into a cake to see if it'e ready!
:thu:

• Members
To check if it's "done", try to stab it with your fingernail... somewhere where it won't show of course. If it hasn't cured yet, you'll dent it with your fingernail. If not, it's good to go.

LOL! It's kind of like sticking a toothpick into a cake to see if it'e ready!

:thu: i might just try that since my pickups should have been delivered to my house today...

• Members

I see what you mean about the chrome pup trim. They look a little thick, but I like! Definitely, the chrome looks better than all black would. The black knobs fit in very well. I think they look better than chrome ones would.

I bet you're excited as {censored}, ready to rock the {censored} outta that guitar :thu:

• Members
I see what you mean about the chrome pup trim. They look a little thick, but I like! Definitely, the chrome looks better than all black would. The black knobs fit in very well. I think they look better than chrome ones would.

I bet you're excited as {censored}, ready to rock the {censored} outta that guitar

thanks man, i really dig on the chrome pup rings and you know i am excited... hopefully i will find enough time in the next couple nights to sand, buff and install the hardware...

we're getting close :p:thu:

• Members
Looks great!

I had recommended Novus #2 as a polish but htere's something else you can use although you have to be a bit more careful since it's stong stuff... Blue Magic. You can get it at any Auto Zone. It's a metal polish but works really well on paint too.

thanks man and thanks for your advice through out this project :thu:

i think i am gonna stick with my Meguiars.... it's always done well for me...

light cut and then a swirl remover. however on the last guitar all i did was sand and use the swirl remover...

• Members
thanks man and thanks for your advice through out this project

i think i am gonna stick with my Meguiars.... it's always done well for me...

light cut and then a swirl remover. however on the last guitar all i did was sand and use the swirl remover...

Glad to help but your work n this project has been outstanding! I don't think you need anyones help. Actually, we should thank you because of how open you've been to suggestions and letting us all participate.

Meguiars is good stuff.

Archived