New Water Drop Effect Guitar Project

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
okay, i emailed Jon Hill...

Let's see if Dean will build a water drop moon-burst, LOL !!!
:lol::thu:

He has always responded to my comments and messages. But then again we're both Clevelanders and I own a Hill Custom... hehehe.

How could he not at least respond to your pics! It's so damn nice man.

• Members

hi GuitarNoobie, was just checking out the pics,,,two things i wanna say..

first - are your pics a bit green tinted,,, i copied one of them onto my pc and used a free basic photo enhance software to play with the tint of your pic and moved the colour scale away form green till the leather couch looked more like a tan light coffee colour...which looked cool too..but im not sure if the green tint i see is supposed to be there or if its at my end meaning that my PC system is imparting more green onto images,,,,either way the axe still looks great as i said before, just wondering about your photo settings thats all ...:thu:

second - while i was looking at the pics of your axe, i got a crazy thought come to me,,,,Ok check this out, what would it look like if you did the water drop effect , then let it dry, and now get this, you did another water drop effect on top of the first one :idea:, ,water drops on top of water drops,,,,and maybe even did a third layer of drops on top of that, or maybe thats pushing it....

NOW HOLD ON, STOP ,,,relax man , no i dont mean to do it to that sweet guitar you just worked so hard on :lol: ,,, im just thinking out loud and curious what it would look like if someone did multiple layers of water drop effect...????

do you still have any of those sample cards left over that you made at the start of the project ,,,if you do and have some spare time, take one of them and put another layer of water drop effect over the first layer of water drop effect and see how it turns out...:idk:

im kinda thinking it will turn out too busy looking and end up ugly and hard to tell what it is , but there is also the possibility that it might create something new, different , and maybe even cool looking :idk:...

if your all tuckered out, and sick of painting things, which is very understandable :lol:, then dont bother your self, but if your curious too and still got those test cards you made lying around and a little water drop paint left and are feeling curious then give it a very quick blast and see what happens..

just curious,,,,hmmm or did you already try it ? if so what did it look like?

• Members
i don't know mate

but i honestly think that thing would sell ... big time... and the 'right' thing to do would be to give the creator a piece of the pie

i agree, that would be the right thing to do, but then again i understand how corporate America works and it's all about the dollar... would be cool if they paid me however... :thu:

• Members
So a question: has this ever been done on a guitar before? If not, you should send this whole story with pictures to some sort of magazine like Guitar World or Guitar Player. i bet they'd love to put that in their magazines somewhere
:)

:idea: maybe i will do that. that would be very cool to have it featured in a magazine...

• Members
:thu:

:idea:
maybe i will do that. that would be very cool to have it featured in a magazine...

*cough*csm*cough* :D

About the green tint, it's just color temperature thing. The AWB (Auto White Balance) in your camera is probably just a little off. Take any photo program (the one that comes with MS office, or iPhoto or even the free Google Picasa) and just adjust the tint away from the green a smidge (toward the magenta), and maybe adjust the color temperature until it looks natural.

• Members
*cough*csm*cough*
:D

About the green tint, it's just color temperature thing. The AWB (Auto White Balance) in your camera is probably just a little off. Take any photo program (the one that comes with MS office, or iPhoto or even the free Google Picasa) and just adjust the tint away from the green a smidge (toward the magenta), and maybe adjust the color temperature until it looks natural.

cool, thanks for the info !!!!

• Members
while i was looking at the pics of your axe, i got a crazy thought come to me,,,,Ok check this out, what would it look like if you did the water drop effect , then let it dry, and now get this, you did another water drop effect on top of the first one
:idea:
, ,
water drops on top of water drops
,,,,and maybe even did a third layer of drops on top of that, or maybe thats pushing it....

I tried this multiple drop layer idea, and it did not work. It just takes away from the initial layer's ability to stand out. It could have been the color combo I used though. I tried using the exact opposite of GuitarNoobie and did silver on black background with the water drop effect. It came out cool, but not nearly as nice as the V!!!

IMG_3126-1.jpg

Archived