Sorry, but I just heard Les Paul has died

headless

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is so sad. I'm in the middle of writing a big 5000 word essay on the man, and had already arranged a private interview with him following one of his shows in new york. I actually talked to the guy on the phone and he sounded like a really cool dude, and of course listening to his music all the time has left a big influence on me.

I'm heartbroken by this news. It's very hard to believe. Les Paul was always one of my personal heroes and i was very excited to meet him and hear him play. :(

RIP.

• Members

This is so sad. I'm in the middle of writing a big 5000 word essay on the man, and had already arranged a private interview with him following one of his shows in new york. I actually talked to the guy on the phone and he sounded like a really cool dude, and of course listening to his music all the time has left a big influence on me.

I'm heartbroken by this news. It's very hard to believe. Les Paul was always one of my personal heroes and i was very excited to meet him and hear him play.
:(

RIP.

That really sucks lobby. Pretty cool you had the chance to speak to him though. A shame you won't get the face to face though.

• Members

I'm heartbroken by this news. It's very hard to believe. Les Paul was always one of my personal heroes and i was very excited to meet him and hear him play.
:(

RIP.

I feel absolutely the same way. I wrote several essays on him over the last few years. The man was a legend and a revolutionary. Some people forget that he's not just responsible for that guitar and awesome music, but for so many things we guitarists take for granted, pickups, multitracking, the solid body guitar.

RIP Les. Thank you for all you've done.

• Members
Hey - it's not sad! The guy was in his mid 90s, lived a full and productive life, received numerous accolades and fame, and was healthy until the end. I envy the guy - I can't imagine much else you could ask for in a life well-lived.

excellent points!:thu:

• Members

Sad to lose one of the most versatile guitarists of all time. As far as people now wanting a namesake guitar, I see nothing wrong with this as some posters have elluded to. I just hope Gibson sees fit to donate some of that windfall back into programs benefitting poor kids that have musical talent. Then & only then will I buy an LP. I'm not dissing the man, just the company if they don't do right.

Archived