GFS Jay denies a refund for a fellow musician

Doctor Morbius

• Members

If you read through this thread...

http://surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10462

you will find that a gigging musician (the lead guitarist and main songwriter for The Madeira) was denied a refund for a Wilkinson Vintage Tremolo, which is most likely a dud, he purchased from GuitarFetish. Jay did offer a replacement unit but not a refund.

I think that's dirty pool.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure, next you will be saying the pope likes to slap people. By the way I saw this great headline:

"Prostitutes Appeal To Pope."

I love the Pope, but that is funny.

I love Jay and refuse to believe anything remotely negative no matter the growing evidence that He is indeed a business trying to make a profit. I will always believe he is an angel whos only goal is to bless the less fortunate with cheap guitars which are actually as good as any Gibson.

Today's Headline: "Musicians Appeal To Jay"

That is all. :)

• Members
Would it matter? I don't know which storefront he got it through.

Well sure it matters, unless he's changed his policies recently. I believe his online site offers money back and I'm pretty sure his Ebay dealing are exchange only. So it makes a huge difference if that is still the case.

• Members

Well sure it matters, unless he's changed his policies recently. I believe his online site offers money back and I'm pretty sure his Ebay dealing are exchange only. So it makes a huge difference if that is still the case.

Ya, pretty sure this is right.

Oh, and in.

• Members

He bought it six months ago. I don't think there's too many suppliers (if any) that would give a refund after that long. Getting a new one after six months is pretty fair, if you ask me.

Not trying to defend or be critical of anyone here, but did it really take six months to figure out it was not what you wanted?

• Members

If you read through this thread...

http://surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10462

you will find that a gigging musician (the lead guitarist and main songwriter for The Madeira) was denied a refund for a Wilkinson Vintage Tremolo, which is most likely a dud, he purchased from GuitarFetish. Jay did offer a replacement unit but not a refund.

I think that's dirty pool.

"We are happy to take ANY ebay purchases back for exchange within 30 days. You may apply the actual price paid for the item towards any other item we sell, or accept a merchandise credit. Due to ebay's fee structure we cannot offer cash refunds on ebay purchases."

http://cgi.ebay.com/GFS-Vintage-Split-Bridge-Humbucker-70s-Tele-Custom-H18_W0QQitemZ390108803208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5ad44bf088

hard to blame jay if you cant read the huge print stating no frefunds...

just sayin :)

• Members

So the guy has sat on it for 6 months and then wants a refund just now.

Hahahaha.

Sorry but I can hardly blame Jay or GFS for this at all. Most stores wont even offer up a replacement at all.

The guys lucky Jay offered him anything.

And too expect a retailer or anyone for that matter to replace or refund long after 30-60 days is Ridiculous. Honestly.

Dont worry Doc it only stings for a little while.

Archived