Dream House - Here's Mine - What's Yours?

Beck

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine is in the design phase, but it will be built by these guys if I can swing it:

www.earthshelteredtech.com

Scotland was cool although it's difficult to understand many of them, especially when Guinness is involved. I really liked Edinburgh, felt at home there.

You're cool Sir Beck, but don't think I'm up for the natural swimming episode. ;) Also, the sea is very cold up there so if ladies are around, talk about shrinkage...

Wouldn't mind playing guitar and writing a song sitting on rocks by the sea though and castles are always cool.

• Members

A one-story rustic, big-beamed, open-architecture ranch-style home in the Santa Cruz Mountains overlooking the Pacific, outfitted with a comfortable recording studio in one wing of the home, plush but not ostentatious Indian furniture and Persian rugs, large windows to let in the light and see the views of the redwood trees, and several comfortable rustic guest houses, a bar that opens up to the outside for entertaining guests, and a hot tub under the stars.

• Members

A one-story rustic, big-beamed, open-architecture ranch-style home in the Santa Cruz Mountains overlooking the Pacific, outfitted with a comfortable recording studio in one wing of the home, plush but not ostentatious Indian furniture and Persian rugs, large windows to let in the light and see the views of the redwood trees, and several comfortable rustic guest houses, a bar that opens up to the outside for entertaining guests, and a hot tub under the stars.

It seems you've given this some thought. :)

For me its a hut on the north shore of Oahu in February.

I want to see those monster waves before i leave this earthly plane.

• Members

@Beck,....

I slept in a tent next to Urquhart Castle(The ruins) on my own,...

When I woke up early in the morning one day a piper was standing on a block of stone in the water playing his bagpipe while the whole ness was pitch black with a fog over it,.. I saw the ruins close by. next to the field I was sleeping in there was one of those stone walls and I was so frikking afraid a ghost army of Scots were about to jump over it,...dressed in their clan's tartan with blue painted faces heading out to kill me that I almost {censored} my pants,........

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that rotten haggis.

• Members

While not my dream house, here's the fixer-upper that I just completed fixing up. It was totaled by Hurricane Jeanne in 2004. I bought it in 2007, ripped it apart and put it all back together. Everyone who sees it loves it, but no one has brought along MANY buckets full of money to buy the thing from me (yet). Anyone want to buy a house in Vero Beach, Fl.? ;)http://www.pbase.com/rking401/436&page=all

• Members

You're cool Sir Beck, but don't think I'm up for the natural swimming episode.
;)
Also, the sea is very cold up there so if ladies are around, talk about shrinkage...

:lol:

Yes it is very cold, but don't forget how the cold effects certain parts of the female anatomy, which when viewed by the high voltage male like myself completely cancels out the shrinkage, no matter how cold the water is. Besides I just wouldn

• Members

For open jobs in my division, you have to wait until we start the music production; at the moment we are in construction with this studios and the whole entertainment industry park. The company is Shanghai Synergy, the music, game etc. division of the Shanghai Media Group (SMG).

i can send you our new Expos

• Members

It seems you've given this some thought.
:)

For me its a hut on the north shore of Oahu in February.

I want to see those monster waves before i leave this earthly plane.

sorry to inform you that there is not too much available to buy on the North Shore...especially in the way of 'Hut's.

However, their is a Plethora of decent rentals...for a single person or a family.

I was there 3rd week of March this year.

My brother teaches at the Punahou School in Honolulu, he lives on the Windward coast, near Waimanalo.

Besides the monstrous waves, there are fab local restuarants, a big beach where giant sea turtles come in to breed and bask

wanna snorkle?, 'Sharks Cove' is so cool.

If you are ever interested in hitting the North Shore...please by all means PM me...I'll hook you up with my bro, he knows so many people from his job that will rent cheap to to a responsible person.

If you are Spiritual...The Heiau, a religeous site, overlooking Waimea Bay is a deeply moving experience..

A Caveat....enter front the downward side of the lava rock enclosure, that's where the commoners, like you and I came to worship...

To enter from the front, near the big stone where heads were bashed in for Sacrifice is Kapu and risks the wrath of the Hawai'ian Gods.

• Members

my dream houses are accesible, and in my possesion...the upkeep of the Vermont Cabin is split 5 ways among family members.

My home, near Philly is mortgage free, A 1920,s English Tudor designed by Olmstead, the Designer of Central Park

Marble fireplace with Delt Tiles Fireplace in Living room is from local quarry stone with tiles from the Mercer Tile Works Walnut paneled walls , Slate roof, Copper gutters and downspouts

My daughter used to tell her friends...look for the house that 'Little Bo PEEP' lives when they were coming to visit.

The townhouse in old San Juan is a money pit...not so much in materials and restoration but greasing the palms of the local politicos and Abagodos to get things done...we stay on one floor, they allow use to live there, to keep us from selling so they can bleed us further...to me it is worth it.

A beautiful view of the Colonial Spanish Fort 'El Morro' the restuarants, the cobblestone streets...it is worth it...we also have beachfront property in Rincon PR, (west coast) an inheritence from my wife's fam.

I can't even fathom the legal walls I will have to scale to even try to do something with that...we put it in trust to our kids,

Anyway, Tim Becks house is a joy to look at, there is something so magical and enchanting about that area,,,ageless, spiritual , inspirational.

Tim I wish you luck with it.

If you need help, I can probably give you 5-6 years of rock moving etc. to help you in it's restoration...it would be cool to say yes Mi'lord/Laird and do some 'honest' labour for a change.:)

• Members

sorry to inform you that there is not too much available to buy on the North Shore...especially in the way of 'Hut's.

However, their is a Plethora of decent rentals...for a single person or a family.

I was there 3rd week of March this year.

My brother teaches at the Punahou School in Honolulu, he lives on the Windward coast, near Waimanalo.

Besides the monstrous waves, there are fab local restuarants, a big beach where giant sea turtles come in to breed and bask

wanna snorkle?, 'Sharks Cove' is so cool.

If you are ever interested in hitting the North Shore...please by all means PM me...I'll hook you up with my bro, he knows so many people from his job that will rent cheap to to a responsible person.

If you are Spiritual...The Heiau, a religeous site, overlooking Waimea Bay is a deeply moving experience..

A Caveat....enter front the downward side of the lava rock enclosure, that's where the commoners, like you and I came to worship...

To enter from the front, near the big stone where heads were bashed in for Sacrifice is Kapu and risks the wrath of the Hawai'ian Gods.

Hey thanks for the info and offer.

I have been on he North Shore a few times. Only once in the winter.

I managed to ride a few 4 footers on sunset at the time.

And yes, Waimea is gorgeous.

Its been over ten years...

If I manage to make it back there anytime soon I will take you up on the link to your bro.

Archived