So I scored a USA Strat for $381.00 ... too good to be true.

HanSolo

• Members

I sniped a black, 1993 USA Std on eZbay. Crappy out of focus pic but seller says it's nice and made in USA. I ask for the serial number and he provides it. It checks as a 1993 USA Strat made for export market. I asked for better pics and he emailed "No time, but no worries, it's the real thing and real nice."

It arrives and I pick up the box and go Uh Oh, either the box is empty or I just got F'd.

He shipped me a Starcaster body and an old Squier neck with a Fender decal and an amateurish serial number decal on the back. The guy put USA saddles on it and left off the high E since it doesn't align and also put USA tuners on it. Holy {censored}!

We are in "negotiations" over its return and refund. I filed a PayPal claim and the seller is whining about his frozen funds and says we need to discuss and provides me his phone#. I emailed him to F-off, there is nothing to discuss, refund the full amount and I'll return the guitar. He says return it first so he make sure it's in the same condition as shipped. I replied BS, refund first. (So he can't counter claim that I sent him back a different guitar).

We're at the proverbial Mexican (USA?) standoff, but at least his account is frozen. I'll shoot some pics and post the seller's name tomorrow.

• Members

Yup. Full refund. If he wants it back, he pays return shipping. I believe PayPal will return your funds whether he cooperates or not.

-Mc

As much as you'd like that to be, it won't happen. You have to ship it back (whether it's at your expense or not) and provide Paypal with a valid tracking number when it's in a "claim" status.

I'd rather just ship it back and be out the shipping fee than the whole $381.

• Members

For just that reason, I won't buy a product unless the seller provides acceptable pictures. If they say they can't get a camera to take a pic of a high dollar item, it's a scam. Seriously, if you were really selling a $700+ item, you'd borrow a camera to take pics of it if you didn't already have one.

• Members

For just that reason, I won't buy a product unless the seller provides acceptable pictures. If they say they can't get a camera to take a pic of a high dollar item, it's a scam. Seriously, if you were really selling a $700+ item, you'd borrow a camera to take pics of it if you didn't already have one.

Or buy a used Canon on eBay for $25. :lol:

• Members

A misleading eBay auction (false listing)

No returns accepted, positive feedback 100% (3)

93 USA standards have 22 medium jumbo frets...they also do not have a Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo.

Fender Transition Logo, 70's style logo?

You should have consulted HCEG...We are here to contribute and help :poke:

Archived