Do you have a guitar you hardly play but won't sell?

Jkater

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Here is another rare guitar i hardly ever play..It is a 1982 G&L SC-1 it is 1 of 250 ever made and 1 of 84 known to exist.This guitar plays and sounds incredible..I just don't play it a lot...But on occasion i do take it out and show it off
NEWGUITARS011.jpg

dude, that guitar is {censored}in awesome!

• Members

At any given time, I play one electric 99% exclusively. Right now that's the modified Squier CV 60's Strat. The Pacifica 612v and Agile AD2500 sit in their cases. One of these days, I'll get on a Lester kick, and the doublecut Agile will come out of its case. Or I'll wanna kick out some 80's poodle metal, and the Yamma w/ its JB in the bridge will be the go-to axe.

• Members

73 Les Paul Custom I pull it out twice a year and check it over, oil the neck and put it back.
I have a Gibson reverse flying V that I bought and literally put under my bed.
I pull it out twice a year and check it out. I have never played it. Tested it when I bought it to make sure the electronics worked. I've never even strummed a chord on it.

Early 80's 1962 Reissue - sounds to good to get rid of even though I don't like the neck.

IMG_0942.jpg

1979 Tokai Springy Sound - great sounding guitar. was my first "real" guitar and has too much sentimental value.

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

1979 Gibson "The Paul" - my first decent Les Paul. I recorded much of my first album with it and hundreds of gigs over the years. Needs renovation badly.

IMG_0961.jpg

Rickenbacher 620 - I've gigged with it only once. About twice a year it gets pulled out to record a guitar part that only it can do, though.

IMG_1003.jpg

My "No-namer" - who'd want it? It was set up for slide. currently residing in my sons closet under toys he'd rather play with.

IMG_1005.jpg

• Members

Yep, mine is a 78 BC Rich Seagull that has lived in its case for years. I last played it a few years ago after I loaned it to my sister for a while. She gave it back to me in pristine condition and it went back under the bed for 6 months then when I pulled it out again one of the string retainers in the Kahler had broken just sitting in the case...I'll get around to fixing it one day but it isn't a priority right now and the guitar stays!

rich.jpg

J.R.

• Members
Early 80's 1962 Reissue - sounds to good to get rid of even though I don't like the neck.

IMG_0942.jpg

1979 Tokai Springy Sound - great sounding guitar. was my first "real" guitar and has too much sentimental value.

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

1979 Gibson "The Paul" - my first decent Les Paul. I recorded much of my first album with it and hundreds of gigs over the years. Needs renovation badly.

IMG_0961.jpg

Rickenbacher 620 - I've gigged with it only once. About twice a year it gets pulled out to record a guitar part that only it can do, though.

IMG_1003.jpg

My "No-namer" - who'd want it? It was set up for slide. currently residing in my sons closet under toys he'd rather play with.

IMG_1005.jpg

Thats one sweet The Paul:thu::thu:

• Members

Yep, my 77 Tele. It was my first nice guitar. It had a solid maple body that weighed a ton, so I ordered one from Warmoth and my dad and I finished it ourselves. I don't play it often because the wood is separating at the nut, but I won't sell it due to its sentimental value (which is not misplaced).
100_0876.jpg

• Members

PRS Custom 22. It's pristine and quite valuable, kinda makes me want to preserve it in so I can get the max for it later, spends most of its time in the case. Most of my other guitars have small flaws here and there, but I don't give a damn and I guess I'm more of a superstrat type guy anyway.

• Members

I have a 1963 Old Kraftsman hanging on my wall. The guitar I learned on and will not part with. Then I had one that I played now and then that I installed a two way switch on for the neck pickup and sheilded in copper. It was a solid Squire standard that I cleaned, set up, put in a Fender gig back and included a practice amp and donated it to be sold for charity yard sale at the American Legion.

Archived