Do you have a guitar you hardly play but won't sell?

Jkater

• Members
And why won't you sell it?

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Actually, even the ones I neglect, I just luvs them all like my babies. :love:

I keep my first Framus acoustic because my dad got it for me back around '66/'67. Damn thing is hard to play with its tiny frets, but otherwise it's very well built.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1979 Les Paul Custom. Tobacco Burst. One Pete Townshend streak that can be buffed out. All Stock. Closet Classic. Very Heavy.

A gift from my Dad who's passed away.

What actually happened was my brother and I used to work during the Holiday season in my Dad's store and for our bonus we got these Les Pauls (my brother got a black custom) from Don Weir's Music City in SF.

Still have the receipt for the guitars. My brother had to sell his due to financial hardship (still has his 74 strat though and it's a real winner for a CBS strat)

650 each with case.

• Members

my PRS hollowbody II

... my dad bought it for me so I'll never sell it- too much sentimental value.

I hardly ever play it though- it's a fantastic guitar and plays very well but I have other guitars that I pull out when I want to play electric. I got it when I was really into jazz but the pickups are actually more rock n roll (and I prefer the pickups in my singlecut for jazz believe it or not). I'd prefer some type of archtop but I've been thinking of putting some flatwounds on it for something different.

• Members
Nope. I got over that kind of thinking.

I had several that I considered holy grail oddballs.

But I sold em.
Everything
has a price.

I now have three:

Ibanez Destroyer II (1st real guitar bought in 1984 and wife wo't let me)
Fender Strat (Christmas Gift from wife and she won;t let me)
Oscar Schmidt OE30 (had Jeff Skunk Baxter's autograph) (but for the right price I'll risk Jeff kicking my ass as he promised if I put it on eBay when he signed it

103_1067.jpg

103_1066.jpg

101_1474.jpg

• Members

I very rarely play my '95 Les Paul Studio.

But I won't sell it, first of all because it holds sentimental value, second, it's economic value is quite poor due to lots of modifications it's gone through, third, it can always be useful as a backup.

• Members
Sweet Custom. I had a 67 SG Custom that, like a fool, I sold back in 77...I miss it:facepalm:

J.R.

Similar story: Around '74, I'm seventeen or thereabout in this pic playing my Gibson SG custom that I bought used for $400 canadian. It had already some wear when I got it. I sold it a few years later for so little I can't even remember how much I let it go for. I'd love to have hang on to that one.

SGcustom0001.jpg

Archived