Bbreaker

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Switch Wild IV Signature:

335013.jpg335010.jpg

335012.jpg335008.jpg

Not made of wood. Neck and body formed together of Vibracell. Fretboard is Ebonite, both pups are split, Alnico II in the neck Alnico V at the bridge. Too bad few of you will ever have the chance to play one. Also too bad they didn't catch on. I love mine!

• Members

Yamaha Pacifica. In parts of the world where Fender Strats are overpriced (UK), the Pacifica rules. They are great guitars.

Someone mentioned the X-tone. ESP, LTD, and Schecter make some great guitars. I'm a recent convert and I've been preaching the ESP gospel for three weeks now. Fantastic instruments.

Sorry to bore you with photos, but, damn. This is one fine guitar, and it's a lot more versatile than most people think. The EMG 60 at the neck produced gorgeous cleans and jazz tones. The LTD version is just as good, from what I hear (LTD EC1000).

ec1.jpg

ec2.jpg

ec3.jpg

ec4.jpg

Even Gibson doesn't install bone nuts on their production line guitars--which typically run $500--$1000 more than this Eclipse II.

ec5.jpg

• Members

I got a Hamer slammer Daytona 212 from MF for what? $120? about 10 years ago that is a really fine stratalike.... tuners crap (per usual cheapie), but still was great value, esp the neck. Worth picking one up if ya see it

• Members

Well, you could get the -520 version with minihummers instead.
;)

P1020093.jpg

Actually I wouldn't mind an AEX-520. I still kick myself for not picking up a tobacco sunburst one that was going for stupid cheap ($180) at Music Go Round back in 2008. I thought they were cool in the 90s, and I still think they're cool. My only complaint - each one I've tried has had microphonic pickups. They squealed like a pig, when I tried them out at high gain. But, they sure did sound good! :thu:

+1 on the Schecters! I don;t think I've ever played one that was crappy.

• Members

DiPinto Mach IV

WhiteGuitars-1.jpg

Great guitar because it has 3 great tones and the variety gives it quite a bit of chameleon character.

P.S. I agree with the post above, being a fellow ESP PC1-V owner, they are indeed a true sleeper. And truly have not received enough deserved attention.

Xtone001.jpgXtone004.jpgXtone002.jpg

Out the gate with a roller bridge (sorry for the blur)

Xtone003.jpg

• Members

I'm gonna have to go with Fernandes, in general. A friend of mine started selling them back when they first came to the US and were almost exclusively copies. He and I had some of the first non-copy Fernandes' around way back in 1987 and they have always been great instruments. My PJ50 is my only bass at present, kept it over my G&L L2000 because of the absolutely sweet midrange tone and the fact that the ash G&L was ridiculously heavy, almost as bad as my old Peavey T40.

Here she is, pictured with my MIM Strat (which gets a lot of play around here ;) ):

fernandes-strat.jpg

Archived