Sleeper Guitars

Bbreaker

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^

+1 on Rogues

I just thought of another one. Hohner TB1. We never talk about Hohners.

<A
http://www.hohnerusa.com/upload/bildpoolcms/gal00000760kl.jpg >

- w

I have a Hohner HS-35 (335 knockoff), MIK, with Vintage Vibe HS-90 (P-90) pickups. Fine guitar. Love it.

• Members

St Blues.

Both their early USA models and their new imports.

The earlier USA's were every bit as good as the Kramers,ESP's,Fenders,Jacksons,etc.

Ive played some of their newer import line stuff and they were all quite nice both construction and play wise and are quite affordable.

Another Sleeper is the import Deans.

I have a bud whom bought 3 import mini Deans. Did a few minor setup tricks and he has a trio of excellent players,lookers for well under $1000.

The pickups in two of them were surprisngly VG. The 3rd got a JB and a 59 and really they all sound quite similar.

Peavey is another brand which I dig(V-Type owner) yet really doesnt get much attention other than their amps and the Wolfgangs.

They have had some really killer models and continue too this day.

• Members

Fender MIM "squier series" from 1993-1998. Pricing is usually quite low ($100-$200), despite their comparative build quality. Full size MIA body and MIA neck, quality construction and finish, cheap hardware and MIM pups. Mine plays great and has earned a place next to my MIA strat. I probably shouldn't mention a Statocaster, BUT I just think this one is more of an oddity in the whole Fender line, even amongst it's own kind.

IMG_4513.JPG

• Members

I think the Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH is a very cool and innovative guitar that doesn't get as much attention as it deserves. It's a short-scale Jag with Humbuckers, blendable coil taps, a kill switch, a TOM-style bride, and a tremolo plate that's been moved closer to the bridge for a steeper break angle.

You get all the coolness of a classic Jaguar layout and scale with thoroughly modern hardware. Great, great guitar.

557630.jpg

• Members

Fender MIM "squier series" from 1993-1998. Pricing is usually quite low ($100-$200), despite their comparative build quality. Full size MIA body and MIA neck, quality construction and finish, cheap hardware and MIM pups. Mine plays great and has earned a place next to my MIA strat. I probably shouldn't mention a Statocaster, BUT I just think this one is more of an oddity in the whole Fender line, even amongst it's own kind.

:thu: one of my first guitars was a squier series....wish i still had it

here's a guitar of mine that i consider a sleeper...

Gibson_LP_DC_Lite_4.jpg

the 'lite' version of the gibson les paul dc plus. these were made in 1999 and 2001 only from what i know.

also, they could have really gone up in price since i bought (and regrettably sold) mine, but...

fender_american_special_strat_o_sonic_dv

fender stratosonic.

Archived