docjeffrey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
As one of the celeb sites or other roughly put it, if he tried going to the
real
hood and acting like he was at home there, his lily-white prettyboy ass would find out pretty quickly how wrong he was.

That's exactly how I read what he was saying...so the site of which you speak was too f'n stupid to pick up on what he was saying and wanted to fire a shot but ended up really just repeating what he was implying. Hilarious.

• Members

Mayer's been a teen idol, blues guitarist, stand-up commedian, actor, pop singer...

...doesn't he know what he wants to be when he grows up?...:idk:

But I do know this...if he wants to be taken seriously as a musician and guitar player he may want to SHUT THE HELL UP...that way the {censored} he says won't be taken out of context or misinterpereted or misunderstood...

• Members
But I do know this...if he wants to be taken seriously as a musician and guitar player he may want to SHUT THE HELL UP...that way the {censored} he says won't be taken out of context or misinterpereted or misunderstood...

That's hilarious...in case you haven't been conscious over the past decade...he IS taken seriously as a musician and guitar player.

But I guess you told him!

• Members
If he could keep his mouth shut, and just play the guitar, he'd be okay. He just seems like an idiot outside of his music. So much so, that I cannot even listen to him sing...

Apparently there are a LOT of fellow idiots here who get him. Either that or this all just evidence of an excpetional degree of Bromance going on. :thu:

• Members

Thinking about everything you want to say as a way to get more attention, not being able to maintain a relationship because you are self-absorbed, being so calculated in everything you do because you assume people are "into you" are not qualities to be admired, thought highly of, or applauded. That is, unless you are a fellow tool. Then I suppose these attributes would be evidence of success.

• Members

I can play guitar, write songs, twitter incessantly, be self-deprecating in a calculating way, and score sex with hot actresses and singers..... therefore... I must be admirable.

I can't believe how many of you stand-up for a guy like John Mayer. Each one of you is why guys get a bad reputation. Precisely because you empower and encourage this kind of BS in other men.

What happened to chivalry, courage, letting your art speak for itself, humility, grace, compassion, wisdom.

I see none of these in evidence by John Mayer on a regular basis---unless it serves to get him his preferred drug of choice, attention.

He is not someone to be admired, thought highly of, or applauded. Most of his songs are rip-offs, are completely calculated. He says as much in his interviews. There is nothing unassuming and natural about him. He is not the blues. He's someone who can't get out of his own {censored}ing way to save his life and time will reveal this.

And just because he is popular now don't mean {censored} in the long-term.

• Members

He's since said that he told himself that he was going to be wide open in interviews, no holds bar, and now he sees that he might need to tone it down a bit. He's essentially a comedian, just check out clips of the show he used to have on vh1, their close to chappelle show quality.

• Members
I can play guitar, write songs, twitter incessantly, be self-deprecating in a calculating way, and score sex with hot actresses and singers..... therefore... I must be admirable.

I can't believe how many of you stand-up for a guy like John Mayer. Each one of you is why guys get a bad reputation. Precisely because you empower and encourage this kind of BS in other men.

What happened to chivalry, courage, letting your art speak for itself, humility, grace, compassion, wisdom.

I see none of these in evidence by John Mayer on a regular basis---unless it serves to get him his preferred drug of choice, attention.

He is not someone to be admired, thought highly of, or applauded. Most of his songs are rip-offs, are completely calculated. He says as much in his interviews. There is nothing unassuming and natural about him. He is not the blues. He's someone who can't get out of his own {censored}ing way to save his life and time will reveal this.

You act like we want to suck his dick and do his laundry or something.

:facepalm:

• Members

i completely respect your opinion, but can you relay the ripoffs? Your right about him not being blues though, continuum proved he's folk, R&B, soul, blues, pop, and rock.