Happy 50th B'day to Me! 1st Gibby.

hardtdc

• Members

Well, I finally bit the bullet and spent a little dough for my 50th birthday that's coming up on Thursday. I've been wanting a guitar with P-90s for a while now and have always lusted for a 56' reissue Goldtop but just couldn't justify that kind of money.

So.......... I decided to settle on an SG Classic and I think I found a good one. Scored this 2008' off e-bay yesterday. Looks like it has been babied to death and the owner even installed Fralin P-90s in it. He is also throwing in the original Gibson P-90s, so I can sell them and recoup a little dough as well. Comes with a mint TKL hardshell case too.

I usually don't swipe original owner e-bay photos but I'm too hyped. Here's a peek. Once it gets here I'll post up some killer pics.

SGClassic.jpg

• Members

that looks fabulous.....

i had a '61 SG Jr. with P-90's in it back in about 1977.....fantastic sound and playability.....just watch out for it being a bit neck heavy.....get a strap with "rough out leather" on the underside to help counteract the "slide"......just some advice :thu:

• Members

that looks fabulous.....

i had a '61 SG Jr. with P-90's in it back in about 1977.....fantastic sound and playability.....just watch out for it being a bit neck heavy.....get a strap with "rough out leather" on the underside to help counteract the "slide"......just some advice
:thu:

As far as the neck heaviness goes, the plan is to get a short-tail vibramate and a B-5 bigsby. That should balance things out nicely. :thu:

Archived