What is the most reliable multi-effect pedal?

Hotrod Lincoln

• Members

I don't know about anything new, but I've had my Roland VG-8 since '94 or '95 and its as good as new. It's heavy as {censored} and built like a tank. Now I don't gig all over the place with it, but it's moved all over the world with me and I've never had 2 seconds of an issue with it.

• Members

I've got a Boss ME-50 that's not too shabby and seems to be relatively bullet-proof.

They are amazing pedals. My friends one suffered abuse from the hands of 'bad roadies' whilst his band was on tour and still survived amazingly well. Nothing broken or cracked, still works good as new.

• Members

Seems like the Vox Tonelab holds up pretty good to everyday use\n

waht are some other rock solid multi -effects? I'm looking at mainly metal cased effects, not cheap plastic junk that my 2 80lb dogs can stomp to pieces lol

Tonelab + VC-12 is a killer combo.

I gigged with this combination for over a year and a half, never let me down. The build quality of the knobs and buttons is in a different league then Boss, DigiTech, Zoom or Line6 - very sturdy.

I love the feel of the Wah and the volume pedal on the footcontroller, they just feel like the real thing - everything else pales in comparison.

I switched to AD120VTH + VC-12 and gigged with that for over a year, wonderful! The footcontroller has seen a lot of stages and abuse, but it still works just perfectly. :thu:

DSC_0093.jpg

• Members

my gt10 seems like it would be damn hard to break... and anything TC is built like a tank...

line 6 stuff is far more fragile feeling

vox stuff seems solid but i have had electrical component failures in everything vox that i have ever owned mechanically and structurally they are sound though

no idea about the rest

• Members

I left my gt-6 in the garage for a year+. Got coated in a nice thick layer of dirt/dust. Plugged it up and no issues. It's z tank for sure- never used a bag or anything to store it or when traveling. That said, the od sounds mediocre at best - so sometimes the most reliable piece of gear isn't always the one you should get.

• Members

I think any of the metal housed multi's will stand up to all you could reasonably throw at them. I have a GT-10 and a GNX3000, that have never let me down....but for me the undisputed champion of indestructableness is the most expensive one - the TC G System. Want proof? Watch this vid and you will have no doubts about that!

• Members

I have a GT8 and the thing is built like a truck.

If you bang it up against the wall in frustration while trying for the 1000th time to program and get the sounds you want from it... nothing will happen to it, although the wall will be seriously damaged.

Don't ask me how I know.

Archived