Do you still have your first guitar?

RufusFussbuster

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My very first guitar was an Alvarez classical guitar MIJ in the late 60's, which I inherited from my dad when he passed away. I still own and play that one often...write most of my material on it initially.

My first electric guitar was a Carvin DC100 which I still own and play more than any other electrics I have.

• Members

Don't miss my first acoustic-total beginner cheapie, but my first electric I miss-a Univox Hi Flyer. For years after I bought a Les Paul, I played the Univox more-just lighter and more comfortable. Sold it in a garage sale.:cry:

• Members

Squire Strat affinity series. Got it for christmas in 96. Awesome guitar, always gets complimented for how nice it plays and sounds. Neck is twisting and has a kink in it now so I have the strings backed off and its retired in its case for now...

• Members

Nope. My first guitar was a store brand classical that I gave to a girl in high school and never got it back. :mad:

My first electric was a cheap Dean Firecrackle from Sear's that I lent to my drummer, whose house burned down with my guitar in it.

• Members

first ever electric was a cheap Mark II strat copy, gave it to my cousin and he still has it completely taken apart in a box. haha. acoustic i still have it but i got it a 2 years ago. but my first good electric was an Ibanez GAX70 i still have it but im trying to sell it.

• Members

still have my silver peavey reactor i got in 2000. changed the blades out for some fender noisless pups. shes kinda beat up but still look good and plays amazing. ill never get rid of it. :)

• Members

No, it mysteriously disappeared (while i was "using"). It was a real POS, but @ the time (early 1970s), I really didn't know any better. It was a Sears Silvertone I bought from a friend of mine for about $15, and it must have had a broken truss rod because the neck was very warped. You could straighten the neck out, but it wouldn't stay that way.:lol:

I very rarely played it plugged in (to my stereo), because the neighbors downstairs would complain.:o

I copped a lot of licks on that thing from my record player and FM radio, tho.:love:

• Members

I really wanted to destroy it for some reason but I never did. I gave mine to my friends nephew and not sure what he ever did with it. It was a Peavey Predator (strat copy) from the early 90's. I still have and use my first Boss Distortion pedal though!

The only guitar I got rid of that I wish I still had was a Gibson SG I had that was destroyed in a car accident when I was in a band. Actually, all of my gear was destroyed in that accident except a Marshall head which only needed a new transformer.

Archived