what song are you going after at the moment

jack harper

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

who knows has been my favorite hendrix tune, basically forever, finally thought i might try and learn it from start to finish. the messed up thing is i have so much fun playing the opening riff over and over and over its like the song turns me into some ADD doofus. i printed the song out on paper and its like 14pages. maybe i'll learn it all, more likely i'll just keep jamming and noodling along with the live recording...

[YOUTUBE]tHORdkEFq5E[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Right now I'm working on the "Sweet Child of Mine" Solo. Got everything down in the whole song except the Wah part of the solo. Also I'm trying to get the second solo of "Sweet Home Alabama" down note for note. I find that both of these solo's are not nearly as easy to do as they sound like they would be. YouTube has been a big help in me learning solo's.

• Members

Well, outiside some new originals for our band...three or four covers at the moment:

Stiff Little Fingers - Nobody's Hero

5,6,7,8's - Hanky Panky

The Swingin' Medallions - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)

Fourth has yet to be determined

And for my own personal gratification:

5,6,7,8's - Road Runner

• Members

Under The Bridge, I can listen to this song for hours

I spent a month learning that one. Well, maybe not a full month, but a while. The beginning was hard for me for some reason. I would just play it over and over.

Now I am working on All Along the Watchtower. Plus, I learn little easier songs to keep me interested, like Gimme Shelter by the stones.

• Members

Been working on this... I think I've got it now, we're playing it live on March 6th for the first time. (I'm in a Phish tribute band, we're playing the same night Phish ends their hiatus)

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Phish - Stash

Hey Rummy, that's a fun one, it's all about the repetitive patterns - It's easier than it first seems. Enjoy.

• Members

Right now I'm working on the "Sweet Child of Mine" Solo. Got everything down in the whole song except the Wah part of the solo. .

I went to my niece's recital, there were two kids, maybe 12-15 years old. They played SCOM with the teachers as the backing band. They were pretty good with it. I play the opening riff, which is all I ever tried to learn. Someday I will work on this whole song. It's a great song.

• Members

Just got the new Guitar Legends magazine yesterday, with Metallica on the cover. Running through "Seek and Destroy". BTW - love this mag. They reprint some pretty cool articles, although they can be lame on detailing gear. I was bummed about the Iron Maiden issue with no real discussion of gear.:mad:

But the tabs are always cool.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I had a couple requests from my students that has me way out of my comfort zone. But it's kinda fun to try to play:

Raining Blood- slayer. {censored} that is fast

This is Absolution- Killswitch engage. Ya fast

For my cover band it's

Those shoes- eagles

Long train runnin' Doobies

Dani california- Chilis

Full bug VH

And trying to finish an original that's kicking my butt

Archived