Great Rock Albums of the 80's

twofoolsaminute

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Starflet3pq.jpg

I found this cassette in a bargain bin for $2.99. It's Brian May and EVH jamming over a weekend. Hey it did not get much better than that for a budding young guitarist in the 80's.

That KICKS ALL KINDS OF ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thu:

• Members

Ya it is Eddie at the top of his game before his Meth induced psychosis (and Hagar induced wussyness) took over. Some pretty blistering lead lines in this tune.

[YOUTUBE]qj_moyj7QJ4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
8266-the-name-of-this-band-is-talking-he

Those were live versions of songs mostly released in the 70's. The ones that are from the 80's I don't think I even ever heard them. If you are going to include a Talking heads album I would think the only one that might make the cut would be...

Thlittlecreates.jpg

• Members

I just said "in my opinion". My opinion differs from other people's opinion but it is my opinion.

I don't think you get off that easy. Whether it is or is not rock music is not simply a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. Whether it's good or not...that's an opinion.

If I say "In my opinion Mars is not a planet," I happen to think that is a matter of fact not opinion. I would be wrong just like you are.

• Members
I saw G&R, Crowes, and ACDC mentioned. Now that's what I think of when I hear the definition of 'Rock Music'.

Here's one moaaar ass kick rock band that just slipped into the 80's!

crashandburn001.jpg

"From the streets of Troy Oak to the streets of London - here to kick YOUR ass - the PAT TRAVERS BAND!"

• Members

Great thread. Starting to remember that there was Rock in the 80s. However it was not mainstream in general. You had to know where to find this music. As a school kid in the suburbs I only glimpsed a few of the off-centre gems that have been detailed above, and that was only because my friend's big brother was a music maniac who had stuff coming from everywhere. Without him it would have been Duran Duran and Culture Club all 'round.

• Members

How about "I Against I" by Bad Brains? A little better than Rock For Light if you ask me.

I dunno, I remember at the time it seemed cool. I had it on my iPod recently and I didn't think it held up all that well, good but none of the songs were outstanding. It was ahead of its time for 86 though, I'm sure it would have been commercial in the 90s. It did solve the problem of half the songs being mediocre reggae but I still like the other half of the first two albums much much better.

Archived