Great Rock Albums of the 80's

twofoolsaminute

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The other posts remind me that I'm still not ready to experience the 1980s again just yet. It was not the best decade musically. Maybe with a little more time it will seem cool to me again.

These are some of the REAL best rock albums from the 80s:

41KKVNSS1QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41TWKY5Z3ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51rxDw-jR8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61ZJ04xAhGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51AWZHH5VNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41AZ7G3EB6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

5197W0NSP9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Members

That's a band (Tragic Mulatto) I used to see live a lot and then never really thought about but I downloaded that album a few years ago and it's really kind of surprisingly good. I believe there's a tuba-fied Whole Lotta Love on there that rocks pretty hard and something called The Sheriff of Weed? Kind of like the Gits but drunker, and if you like to see a fat, topless lesbian play the tuba, the live show was pretty cool.

That's cool. Yeah, I imagine their live shows would have been quite a spectacle. Oddly, I didn't care a whole lot for any of their other releases, but Hot Man {censored} was amazing. I stuck "She's a Ho" and "My Name Is Not O'Neill" on about a thousand mix tapes for people back in the day.

I dunno, I remember at the time it seemed cool. I had it on my iPod recently and I didn't think it held up all that well, good but none of the songs were outstanding. It was ahead of its time for 86 though, I'm sure it would have been commercial in the 90s. It did solve the problem of half the songs being mediocre reggae but I still like the other half of the first two albums much much better.

You're speaking of Bad Brains' I Against I album here. It's a pretty killer album (Jimmy James should check this one out definitely) but I agree completely with what you say.

Rock For Light had "Banned In D.C." so it'll always win for me.

Archived