Great Rock Albums of the 80's

twofoolsaminute

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:(

Don't dig it myself, but I can see that you could make the case.

I only like Achtung Baby by U2. That's the only time they've ever sounded anything other than staggeringly self-concious to me. I can't stand em most of the time.

• Members

Don't dig it myself, but I can see that you could make the case.

I only like Achtung Baby by U2. That's the only time they've ever sounded anything other than staggeringly self-concious to me. I can't stand em most of the time.

I might listen if you tell me the absolute rockingest track on it.

• Members

I might listen if you tell me the absolute rockingest track on it.

Well... bear in mind that I think they suck. But on Rattle and Hum there's a (lame, in my view) cover of Helter Skelter by The Beatles, and When Love Comes to Town and Angel of Harlem are both about as rock and roll as they get. Actually, I quite like Angel of Harlem, I'll give them that one.

It's a mix of new (at the time) songs, live stuff and cover versions. It's the closest they ever got to having a good time.

• Members

I think it's a reasonable requirement that Rock should, well, rock, in order to earn the hallowed title.

Dire Straits and The Cars Do Not Rock. In a bad way. Metal doesn't rock either, but in a really good way. The Metal is The Metal. You know?

well on be half of all the mouse pushers on all the silly music boards all over the whole internetz... i would just like to think you for providing us a being judge and jury on what rocks and is not rock...

bit presumptuous.. i would say..

to think you and you alone can say "this rocks" but this "no rocks"

party on garth..

• Members

i was just trying to continue the 'thats-not-rock', 'yes-it-is', 'no-it-isnt.'

i dunno why. i just think its funny.

I've done a bit of work for Future Publishing over the last few years. Entertainingly, on the Metal Hammer side of the office, they all refer to the Classic Rock side of the office as "The Crock".

• Members

well on be half of all the mouse pushers on all the silly music boards all over the whole internetz... i would just like to think you for providing us a being judge and jury on what rocks and is not rock...

bit presumptuous.. i would say..

to think you and you alone can say "this rocks" but this "no rocks"

party on garth..

I've got another idea, which would be to treat this as the throwaway silly shooting-the-{censored} thread it is and relax a bit.

• Members

I've got another idea, which would be to treat this as the throwaway silly shooting-the-{censored} thread it is and relax a bit.

Hahaha...you must be new to the interwebz. It was invented for arguing over {censored} that does not matter.

• Members
Well... bear in mind that I think they suck. But on Rattle and Hum there's a (lame, in my view) cover of Helter Skelter by The Beatles, and When Love Comes to Town and Angel of Harlem are both about as rock and roll as they get. Actually, I quite like Angel of Harlem, I'll give them that one.

It's a mix of new (at the time) songs, live stuff and cover versions. It's the closest they ever got to having a good time.

Put another name on the album and I like this. You do not disappoint, sir. :thu:

Angel OH is super.

• Members
As I recall that movie (rattle and hum) was pretty tedious to sit through as well. I don't mind the rest of the band but Bono is an arrogant prick (just don't say that over in HCFX).

I'm pretty sure they like delay pedals more than Bono. Just don't say anything bad about a Line6 M or xM series. :cop:

• Members
As I recall that movie (rattle and hum) was pretty tedious to sit through as well.

{censored} yes. It's no Song Remains The Same, that's for damn sure. Not a wizard in sight, and mostly in black and white. As a movie, it is made of solid uptight suckage. Some good tracks on it though, even I will admit.

• Members

Hahaha...you must be new to the interwebz. It was invented for arguing over {censored} that does not matter.

I think it will become that in due course. First we need to argue about what does and doesn't matter.

Archived