rant about certain stereotypes about styles of music associated with guitars

snowaie

• Members

If I'm trying to look for a demo of a tele on youtube..all it is, is chickinpickin' {censored} and country, clean, old man bluez and {censored}eee. I'm going to use my tele for a {censored}in' versatile guitar, and not just that {censored}e..It's kind of sad how a lot of people base around the guitar they get around the stereotype the guitar goes with the music it associates to.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check the FX forum.

Plenty of Teles, not much country.....

about certain people, man. not everyone. i got pissed when i tried to look at a demo of my squier tele and all it was was old guys trying to play country and {censored}

• Members

I know! Bastards out there making demo videos that YOU don't want to see.

So now that you have your guitar, have you posted a demo replete with all your versatile playing that'll get all the old country, chickenpicken players that aren't nearly the player that you are all upset?

Just asking. Maybe you should try meditation or something?

• Members

Here's a novel concept for you . . . if you don't like the fact that guitars that have been associated with certain types of music for decades are used to play that type of music and have been since before you were a zygote, then either don't watch the video or make your own.

Saying that you're upset that people use a Tele to play country or blues is like saying you're upset that someone dared to use a Martin D-28 to play bluegrass.

You're most likely young, so this may come as a real shock to you, but . . . are you ready for this? . . . the world does NOT revolve around your tastes and preferences.

As to all those guys tryin' to play country chicken pickin' music . . .

[YOUTUBE]fqs5Iae8nU8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

It's kind of sad how a lot of people base around the guitar they get around the stereotype the guitar goes with the music it associates to.

Man, this "sentence" is kind of nuts but props on actually posting a clip with distortion, and bitching, rather than just bitching.

Sounds good too.

• Members

If I'm trying to look for a demo of a tele on youtube..all it is, is chickinpickin' {censored} and country, clean, old man bluez and {censored}eee. I'm going to use my tele for a {censored}in' versatile guitar, and not just that {censored}e..It's kind of sad how a lot of people base around the guitar they get around the stereotype the guitar goes with the music it associates to.

[YOUTUBE]Kg-Opx6AYmc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Here's a novel concept for you . . . if you don't like the fact that guitars that have been associated with certain types of music for decades are used to play that type of music and have been since before you were a zygote, then either don't watch the video or make your own.

Saying that you're upset that people use a Tele to play country or blues is like saying you're upset that someone dared to use a Martin D-28 to play bluegrass.

You're most likely young, so this may come as a real shock to you, but . . . are you ready for this? . . . the world does NOT revolve around your tastes and preferences.

This.

And I'll say what you guys are too kind to say: the kid is a complete {censored}tard.

• Members
It's kind of sad how a lot of people base around the guitar they get around the stereotype the guitar goes with the music it associates to.

:confused: WTF are you trying to say here?

Did you ever think to get your ass out from in front of the computer and go to a music store and try playing some whatever it is you play with a tele? Or to ask around here for clips first? Or do some actual research on who plays Telecasters and look for recordings of them? Of course not. Youtube didn't hand you the answers you were looking for, so you came to rant about it here. :facepalm:

• Members

Some of you guys really need to {censored}in relax, damn. I was just saying that when i was looking at some demos of the classic vibe tele when i was thinking of purchasing one, it came up with the stereotypes thw tele usually gets, which i was the ones i wouldnt use my tele for, and trying to find a vid that had my purpose was unfound on the whole first 15 videos, and people may find that using a guitar for other types of music than the one the stereotypes go to may sound good. damn, no troll here {censored}

• Members

Some of you guys really need to {censored}in relax, damn. I was just saying that when i was looking at some demos of the classic vibe tele when i was thinking of purchasing one, it came up with the stereotypes thw tele usually gets, which i was the ones i wouldnt use my tele for, and trying to find a vid that had my purpose was unfound on the whole first 15 videos, and people may find that using a guitar for other types of music than the one the stereotypes go to may sound good. damn, no troll here {censored}

Do you not get how completely self centered you sound? No one owes you videos of what you're looking for, and if people who like chicken pickin and old man blues also buy tele's, more power to them. I don't see people playing a lot of country with RG's either, but I'm wouldn't rant about not finding videos of it.

Archived