Have you seen the new Kennedy assassination video?

techristian

• Members

I found this site last nite. Wow....... there are way more conspiracy theories about this than I thought.

Lol that's funny. The guy who makes that website is from my town in The Netherlands. I've met him and corresponded with him and a Lady called " Judyth Vary Baker" she claims to be the mistress of Lee Harvey Oswald. She told me and my wife very interesting things when having dinner with her.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Lol that's funny. The guy who makes that website is from my town in The Netherlands. I've met him and corresponded with him and a Lady called " Judyth Vary Baker" she claims to be the mistress of Lee Harvey Oswald. She told me and my wife very interesting things when having dinner with her.

you travel in some VERY mysterious circles Boosh....

you Godamn frighten me....:eek:;)

• Members

Not arguing about that or agreeing.....but Ras, why would they do it that way? That is what I cannot wrap my head around. What genius came up with the idea to do it so publically....all the logistics, the room for error....bringing in a bozo like Oswald who had to have known he was going to take the fall? That was a suicide mission. And placing a shooter on the grassy knoll with so many John Q Public around? Camera's everywhere....makes no sense.

I mean...if some secret group high up wanted Kennedy dead......with everything they had available.....JFK could have had a "heart attack" or some other poison induced deal that would not show up in autopsy....they had stuff for that right?

Unless it is quite true that LBJ, in his arrogant fashion, spearheaded the rub-out.... and wanted a big Texas-sized piece of juicy "theater" to take place... Somebody was trying to "send a message".

• Members

I don't know for certain who killed Kennedy, if he acted alone, whatever. I do know that elements within the US government in that era had
no apparent moral or ethical problem whatsoever
in attempting to kill foreign leaders or other 'inconvenient' international figures. I also know that the path of the so-called 'magic bullet' and the nearly as improbable circumstances of its discovery in the folds of the blanket on the stretcher used to transport wounded Texas governor John Connally to the hospital stretch my credulity
past
the breaking point -- and that Connally himself disputed the single bullet/Oswald theory of the crime until he died.

But I
also
know that there's a highly disreputable and far-from-truth-respecting industry that has grown up around the JFK assasination.

And I know from poking around through many of the videos and such that are often cited in threads such as these as 'evidence' of this or that that most of those cottage industry conspiracy theory mongers or themselves often almost completely bereft of common sense, respect for real research, or even a modicum of credibility.

Evidence of my contention about the conspiracy theorists?

Just look at how many of the conspiracy videos, blogs, and articles can't even get the spelling of Connally's
name
right. Seriously, just Google it and you have cross section x-ray of credulous fools, untrustworthy conspiracy mongerers, delusional wack jobs, and sleazy opportunists.

The "Magic Bullet Theory" is predicated on the assumption that Gov. Connally was sitting directly ahead of Kennedy at the same height. Connally was on a jumpseat that was inboard and lower.

• Members
Yes/Si...big time...

For what is is worth, JFK was the first American President to be accepted by the American Middle Class, the Dirt Poor, the Black populace,....both North and South, as a President that (at the time of his death) that truly represented the US 'melting plot'.

Gee, did the twelve years from 1932-1944 just disappear from your reality?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was very popular....among all but rich Republicans. FDR probably did more for the poor and middle class than any other president. You know, getting the US out of a depression, rural elctrification, public works, Social Security...the list just goes on and on. Just my opinion, of course.

• Members

But I
also
know that there's a highly disreputable and far-from-truth-respecting industry that has grown up around the JFK assasination.

And I know from poking around through many of the videos and such that are often cited in threads such as these as 'evidence' of this or that that most of those cottage industry conspiracy theory mongers or themselves often almost completely bereft of common sense, respect for real research, or even a modicum of credibility.

Evidence of my contention about the conspiracy theorists?

Just look at how many of the conspiracy videos, blogs, and articles can't even get the spelling of Connally's
name
right. Seriously, just Google it and you have cross section x-ray of credulous fools, untrustworthy conspiracy mongerers, delusional wack jobs, and sleazy opportunists.

Which is why, in my first commentary on this thread, I kind of give an explanation that, to me, is very "Occam's Razor". Just looking at the most obvious vectors in the case....

• Members
Yes/Si...big time...

For what is is worth, JFK was the first American President to be accepted by the American Middle Class, the Dirt Poor, the Black populace,....both North and South, as a President that (at the time of his death) that truly represented the US 'melting plot'.

Gee, did the twelve years from 1932-1944 just disappear from your reality?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was very popular....among all but rich Republicans. FDR probably did more for the poor and middle class than any other president. You know, getting the US out of a depression, rural elctrification, public works, Social Security...the list just goes on and on. Just my opinion, of course.

totally right, thanks for the wake up call...If my Dad were still alive he would 've smacked me upside my head.:poke:

As Jesse Winchester wrote about Franklin 'D'...

'Good God Almighty, he's the Poor Mans Friend'.:thu:

• Members

Sure, it
matters
to a lot of people - but is some conspiracy theorist on the Internet going to figure out what "really happened" just from watching the same videos that everyone else is watching?

Not very likely. If there's any truth to any of the conspiracies, it'll be discovered by someone with a lot more information than what we have now. So to me, it's not worth wasting energy on this stuff.

It may matter to some people just for their curiousity but other than that, it changes nothing. The gov`t will not be releasing any additional footage, they just don`t. So this entire issue is dead.

• Members

Interesting, BP... what does this angle reveal that the Zapruder film did not?

It's shot from the other side than Zapruder filmed from. It's not a film you see often. The copy I saw years ago was much better quality than this. It didn't reveal much of anything that I picked up on though some folks clain you can see the driver taking the kill shot in it.

• Members
Don`t think for one minute that Stones "JFK" is historically true. Its full of opinions and myths. Entertaining yes but thats about it.

Correct. Stone pisses me off because he rewrites history in most of his films and people believe his version. :rolleyes:

We`ll never get all the details for this so lets just move on.

Some people find it interesting to discuss, obviously. If you don't, you don't have to read the thread.

• Members

^Yes Lee, In his Viet Nam movie Triolgy, it's obvious that he actually 'walked the walk' with his Service 'In Country'.... but his recollection seemed clouded by the petty rivalries he might ave experienced based on Race, choice of recreational mind {censored}ing (Smoke verses Alcohol) and he seemed to have a disdain for Southern 'Crackers', and certainly bore a grudge against The Officer Corps in 'Platoon'

He did these movies while the memories of Viet Nam were relatively fresh in his mind...

I wonder now, like most older Soldiers, if he is looking back at his 'Warrior' years in a different light, and thinking of them as halcyon 'glory days'.

just 'wunnering',

• Members
Correct. Stone pisses me off because he rewrites history in most of his films and people believe his version.
:rolleyes:

Everybody rewrites history. Did he get you to think? I think that's more his intent. And everybody sees things from their own perspectives. The fact that people believe a movie story says a lot more about those people than Oliver Stone. ;)

• Members

Everybody rewrites history.

Sure, but some people at least attempt to base their version on facts.

Did he get you to think? I think that's more his intent.

I don't get that feeling from his work... I feel that where he's coming from is more based on ego - the desire to remake things in his own image and, of course, get a lot of people to fill theater seats in the process.

And everybody sees things from their own perspectives.

Perspectives and facts are two different things.

• Members

Some people find it interesting to discuss, obviously. If you don't, you don't have to read the thread.

I hear ya. Don`t mind me, I`ve been a little crabby of late and I tend to take it out here on HC from time to time. Funny thing is, I`ve been watching all these videos since this thread started fully knowing, the answer is no different. Its a curiousity thing... watching a Presidents assassination is disturbing and watching how people respond is truly fascinating... The whole thing is unfortunate but we seem to thrive on this stuff. Strange...

Archived