Things not to do while looking for bandmembers.

boosh

• Members

Telling a female vocalist you are home when your wife isn't.

Yesterday evening a stunning 20 y.o. stood at my doorsteps while Rizzo(my wife) wasn't home. I invited her in,...I told her what we(the band were looking for) gave her a drink and we started talking and talking.

Hour later Riz came home and I had to introduce the girl,....

If looks could kill we'd have to find a way to make the girls's body dissappear now,....

• Members

Livingroom /,.......Studio are 10 ft from eachother.

There's musicians/bandmembers walking in and out daily.

This was different ,.. well not for me. To me she was just another musician. Okay I noticed her being a fox but that was it. Some of you've seen my wife,..she's awesome looking also.

99 out of a 100 times she doesn't get bothered with girls coming over. This time she was tired and in a not so good mood I guess , although it was just that first look on her face. After that all was well and the storm went over.

• Members

2 thoughts Booshy.

Maybe your wife caught the look on your face before you caught the look on hers ? (grinning from ear to ear?)

Maybe it would have helped if you wife actually heard you rehearsing with the girl ?

Just my 2 cents.

I'm retired now, and I could end up in the same position if I open my studio up to the public.

Dan

• Members

Maybe it would have helped if you wife actually heard you rehearsing with the girl ?

Just my 2 cents.

Well she can and will. The girl will come in next wednesday to do a proper audition by covering 2 Beyonce tracks. She'll also do one of our band's songs.

She arrives while Riz is still at work but I foresee no problems. Riz is cool with it and really hopes we

• Members

Yeah,... or under your mixingconsole?

Some folks did wonder what the curtain hanging from the forward edge of the desk was all about...

I think this is one of the big problems with small format boards, in fact... interviewing a female potential band member in the typical project studio is like making love in the back seat of a Kharmann Ghia.

• Members

I'd trade 98% of the women for a Kharmann Ghia any time.

Some folks
did
wonder what the curtain hanging from the forward edge of the desk was all about...

I think this is one of the big problems with small format boards, in fact... interviewing a female potential band member in the typical project studio is like making love in the back seat of a Kharmann Ghia.

Archived