Van Halen ended with 1984

lincoln40

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

your just hateful because you never made it in your wannabe band

chill...da {censored}...out

its only his opinion and we are all entitled to one. leave it at that. have you ever accomplished anything in your wannabe band? not saying i have ever have im just saying you might want to think before your emotions get the best of you...you can thank me later for this valuable life lesson.

• Members
For the kid's out there, Everything you ever needed to know about Rock N' Roll can be learned from old Van Halen. The Bass, Drum, Vocals, and of course Guitar. If your clueless and just starting a band, listen and learn.

Flawless formula. Now get in the garage and rock on!

You too can learn their famous pop ditties, like "Jamie's Cryin'" and "Dance the Night Away"!

Wait, scratch that, it wasn't just pop it was way worse; it was POWER POP!!! :bor:

• Members

Why do some of you guys always feed these {censored}in trolls?

He was trying to bait people in the Zeppelin thread also.

I aint trying to bait {censored}. I happen to think Van Halen {censored}ed up when they got rid of Dave. And I wasn't trying to bait {censored} in the Zep thread. So if you aint here to talk music just be quiet

• Members

I aint trying to bait {censored}. I happen to think Van Halen {censored}ed up when they got rid of Dave. And I wasn't trying to bait {censored} in the Zep thread. So if you aint here to talk music just be quiet

do you not understand how hypocritical you sound right about now? this is a forum where people not only discuss music but their opinions about it as well. we can disagree about stuff, its why were are on here. to get info and see other peoples thoughts.

• Members

I see what you are saying. I like Zep too. I tried out Priest but than heard about their lead singer and said "no thanks." Most new stuff does suck.

Homophobic hey. You know what they say, if you fear it, you may be one.

There new stuff does suck however, British Steel was and still is great. Their best album in my opinion.

• Members

Homophobic hey. You know what they say, if you fear it, you may be one.

There new stuff does suck however, British Steel was and still is great. Their best album in my opinion.

he's a homosexual? I didnt know that. i dont listen to him because he rides a Suzuki

• Members
Don't really care for either. I was 17 when 1984 came out and it was good but not great. Everything for them there after was terrible. I was more into Pink Floyd, Zepplin and Judas Priest.

And now, kids like that heavy cookie monster voiced metal, glad I grew up when I did. The 70's had real musicians, who wrote their own songs with lyrics you could understand. Cookie monster singers are wanna be devil children pretending to be something they are not. Probably scared pussies under it all.

right there with you!

cookiemonster.jpg

• Members

So I discovered Van Halen about a year and a half ago. That's all I've been listening to pretty much since then. I really cant stand bands from my generation (Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold etc etc). Van Halen was one of the greatest bands of all time. But I do not like them with Sammy Hagar. In my opinion Van Halen ended with the album 1984. Everything after that was a different band. Van Halen with Roth is an American tradition, like a 1960's Corvette and a slice of apple pie. Van Hagar is like having a diet soda or eating a Tofu turkey. That is all.

Wow!! The young generation favoring the music of my generation, late 70s and 80s rock. Yea, I agree totally agree with you. I was a die hard VH fan until Hagar joined the band. VH was no longer VH and eddies guitar playing went to the back seat in favor of keyboards. I was fortunate enough to see VH with Roth during their diver down and fair warning tour. Man those were great times growing up in the 80s with great music. I agree with you about today's rock music being garbage.....

• Members

In my opinion Van Halen ended with the album 1984. Everything after that was a different band.

you have excellent taste in music and I agree with everything you said 100%.

I got in to VH when I was 11, in 1984, so I caught them in their prime. Hearing 5150 for the first time, it was like they had turned into a lame soft-rock band; as if all of their attitude vanished along with David lee Roth.

Archived