What's your favorite Metallica album?

lincoln40

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No love for Garage Days Rerevisited? ;)

Back in the day, KEA was what got me into Metallica. After that MOP was the tape that got heaviest playback. RTL came off as more heavy-opera at times... a cool album, but not as good as MOP.

Did anyone ever come out with a Pastor Of Muppets album?

• Members
The one with actual songs on it,
The Black Album
, followed by
Load
followed by
Garage Days
followed by you can keep the rest...

:freak::facepalm: have you listened to the other albums. even if you are by no means a metal head, songs like "fade to black" and all of their instrumentals can still be great. not like others cant, thats just right off the top of my head.

• Members
:confused:

If you do not have a favorite Metallica album, why participate in a thread asking for your favorite Metallica album?

Maybe he thought that 'None' was an actual Metallica album title. Some people aren't very good at knowing stuff.
Maybe he was passively/aggressively passing aggressive judgement on those folks who appreciate the music of Metallica.
Who knows? It is a mystery.

• Members

Maybe he thought that 'None' was an actual Metallica album title. Some people aren't very good at knowing stuff.

Maybe he was passively/aggressively passing aggressive judgement on those folks who appreciate the music of Metallica.

Who knows? It is a mystery.

Indeed

• Members

Master of Puppets. My first real metal album, first metallica album and one of the last I bought in vinyl. :love:

2nd fave is Kill Em All, a perfect album also. :love: MOP's greatness doesn't take anything away from KEA, but it's as if they had grown 10 years in only a few. Boyz to Men. :p

Ride is great and Justice also, but Justice suffers a bit from meandering songs at times and suffers A LOT from {censored} production. I like the sound of the crunch guitar and vocals on that album, but the drums are utter {censored}e and there is NO bass guitar. If there has ever been an album in need of a complete overhaul remaster, it's Justice. :freak:

And although they are obviously modeled to be AOR friendly, I like most of the songs and great production of the Black Album also. My opinion that Bob Rock had any talent for getting the best out of Metallica was vaporized with the next few albums though. That made it even more satisfying to hear them back in good form again with Death Magnetic, after only, oh........about 15 years lost in the wilderness.....

• Members

Smell The Glove. I started getting ok at the guitar when that album came out and i think i learnt every note from it. I spent a couple of months going over every song. I feel like i have a special bond with that album, much like an older woman showing me the ways of love :D

Archived