Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by highgainlover

IbanezRG3120.jpg

I've been waiting 2 years for those bastards at Ibanez to make the 3120 in lefty format. I love the neck of this guitar. I can play righties upside down but it's not the same.
:mad:

I think we need to sue the guitar companies for discrimination. Lefties account for 11% of the population yet the % of righties to lefty guitar is less than 1%.

I'm sick of seeing {censored}ty low end models and out-of-reach high end lefties from companies. There's virtually nothing available in the mid-price range. The ones who do offer good lefties (Carvin) are only mail order, hence you can't try them out.

Yeah, but the real hell is finding a lefty amp!

• Members
Originally posted by Lefty Geek

kids.jpg

Latest addition as of Friday:

tokai-full-small.jpg

I love the Fernandes and the Carvin...

Ok, I'll revise that, I WANT the Fernandes!

1f9ug5

1f9ukj

Originally posted by augustin25

Another Southpaw here; I've even bought a guitar from Kirk before.

gear1.jpg

gear2.jpg

The teles and the Carvin look great!

• Members

I'm yet another lefty who followed (and registered) after seeing Kirkster's link on the FDP (where I use a different name).

My lefty guitars include a trio of Rickenbackers, a AmSe Strat, a Gibson J-45 Rosewood, a Seagull Folk, and a Gibson mandolin.

• Members

Originally posted by Tokai-Guy

AZ, I bought it new from a music store in Wales, are you on the lookout for one? If so I can put you in touch with the guy who sold it to me.As far as I know, he has a few more lefty Tokais, including Firebirds.

TG

I am definitely interested. What did that cost you?

• Members

That's $650 here in the US not including shipping I can do much better than that with shipping included. How does $485 shipped sound?

AZ, It cost 299 UK pounds, brand new in the box.I e-mailed the guy and he said he will ship to the States, so give me a shout if you want his mail adress, or email me dirct, you still have my e-mail adress?

• Members

That fact was supposed to be secret too. When in doubt PM me rather that do an open post. Don't worry, I can't boot you off of the forum like they do with regularity at the FDP, that's after they get your money of course.

Originally posted by Lefty Geek

Basically, Korean Tokais are made in the same factory as Dillion, so they are the same guitar. Dillion has some lefty Firebirds, and Kirkster has a connection, but since Tokai is not allowed to sell in the US, the name of the dealer is secret.

• Members

It would cost me the guts of $650 to buy a dillion Firebird and Import it to Ireland.I've had Dillions before, a thinline and a goldtop.They are a great guitar, but I know from selling them on its hard to get a decent price.Tokai, on the other hand, have a good re-sale value, at least over here.Kirk, I think I got my thin-line from the guy you know, is it the same guy you were going to get the natural thin-line from a while back?

B.TW.

• Members

TG - I stand corrected 299 pounds is $560 US.

It would cost me the guts of $650 to buy a dillion Firebird and Import it to Ireland.I've had Dillions before, a thinline and a goldtop.They are a great guitar, but I know from selling them on its hard to get a decent price.Tokai, on the other hand, have a good re-sale value, at least over here.Kirk, I think I got my thin-line from the guy you know, is it the same guy you were going to get the natural thin-line from a while back?

B.TW.

• Members

I see the mods on the FDP are begging for money. They have a post in the lefty Forum with a link to a post with the FDP robots in a bidding war to raise money to help a FOR PROFIT forum. Have you ever been pimped for money form any other guitar forum you have been a part of. Yep, I fell for that line of crap to get the lefty forum started on FDP. If I had never done it, I would not have met the fine buch of lefty guitar players I have had the pleasure of meeting so far.

Kirkster

• Members

Kirkster, the same here.I dontated the $30 to start the Lefty Forum, but once was enough.There are guy's there falling over themselves to donate, some of them have more stars than a navy admiral! I remember when a good friend of ours (Brendan) questioned the powers that be on exactly how the money was spent, he swiftly got the boot.

• Members

Hi guys
The vibes on the lefty fenderforum are indeed getting somewhat stressed lately; removed topics, personal offensive remarks, hustles for membership fees, ...

I kinda like the cool concept of this lounge, where we can enjoy freedom of speech.

Tokai-guy, I will receive my first Tokai ever next week. It is the SG Korina. One of the least expensive, made in Korea, but suppose 299,-

• Members

BLZMAN, Good to hear form you. Yes the Helios is still good. you bought 2? I will check those out. Do you have a CD available yet. Let me know if you do so I can check it out. Stop by anytime.

kirkster

Originally posted by olbluzman

Kirkster57,

Hey hows it going? How's that Chafin treating you? I'm not trying to hijack your thread, I got 2 new Helios's from Ben, in November.

Here is the link to see them, I also got an endorsement from Visual Sound.

BLZMAN

• Members

Someone said they were made in the same plant. That's wasn't me. I have never seen a Tokai in person, so I can't comment on quality. The MIJ ones are expensive. I am sure the are outsanding quality.

Originally posted by Rico

Hi guys

The vibes on the lefty fenderforum are indeed getting somewhat stressed lately; removed topics, personal offensive remarks, hustles for membership fees, ...

I kinda like the cool concept of this lounge, where we can enjoy freedom of speech.

Tokai-guy, I will receive my first Tokai ever next week. It is the SG Korina. One of the least expensive, made in Korea, but suppose 299,-

• Members

Kirkster,
Yeah I actually have the Summer NAMM show Helios' that Ben built, and they are the last 2 he is building. The CD is done it came out in June 04, There are 47 radio stations playing it world wide. It went to #3 in Australia for 6 weeks on one station and one song went to #1 for 9 weeks. Here in the states it has gone to #2 on a station for Nov/Dec most requested CD.
The CD is all instrumental 9 original and 3 covers. check out my website www.blzman.com there are some sound clips there, you can email me at bill@blzman.com and I will give you the info on the CD.
BLZMAN

• Members

The Tokai = Dillion subject has been discussed on a few boards, but it was a Dillion dealer that confirmed both are made at the same factory. The nearly identical models was said to be an attempt by both companies to save money by combining some production. There's still some subtle differences. I think the Tokai Firebird has dot inlays and the Dillion has trapezoid inlays. Both however have the alder/maple construction and have the same finish.

• Members

AZ, I bought it new from a music store in Wales, are you on the lookout for one? If so I can put you in touch with the guy who sold it to me.As far as I know, he has a few more lefty Tokais, including Firebirds.

TG

Are those from the Korean or Japanese range? How much (Oh - and is that Cranes in Cardiff)?

I'd love a lefty Firebird, but had given up on finding one til i saw that Tokai now do one (they do EVERYTHING lefty at no extra charge, the sweeties!)....

.... the other thing I've considered doing, is waiting for a good used deal on an Epi righty firebird, and "Hendrixing" it. Anyone ever done thing? I figured as long as the control aren't ni the way (on a body like that they shouldn't be), should be ok. Balance shouldn't be a problem as it would effectively be hanging a a non-reverse bird then, right?

Archived