Okay, I think this is about the WILDEST GUITAR I've ever seen, at least from PRS

GAS Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ Yeah, I know they've had a "Dragon Model" for quite sometime. One is even mentioned in the 1994 Brendon Fraser, Adam Sandler movie "Airheads" where they are young musician goofs that take some folks hostage to get airplay for their music and a PRS Dragon model is one of his ransom terms.

But this one seems to have more body paint than I've seen before.

• Members

Just a little over the top. I can think of better things to spend that kind of money on though.

Oh heck yeah. Like pay off some debt or buy a car. ;)

but if I were making millions of dollars a year instead of thousands, I'd be looking at it.

• Members

I used to think the PRS Dragon's were nice back way back with the Dragon I and II. I believe the first debuted in 1992.

But by the dragon IV or so, they just got tackier and tackier. Now they like like they should come with a custom-painted conversion van. Honestly, they just seem to be a dated anachronism from the late '70's/early '80's.

I remember talking to the guy that PRS outsourced all the inlay work to way back during the Smithsonian Exhibit on the art of the electric guitar. Back then, and I assume now, he took custom work as it came, it's all CNC cut, the fretboard and the inlay.

• Members

You know who would like this guitar?

CHRIS DANE OWENS is who... he would rock this dragon-battling, hobbit-rescuing, wizard spell-casting mofo right back to Middle Earth...

[video=youtube;EDyDz8WeiM4]

(NOTE: The above is not a parody of a music video but rather what happens when there's an overlap between D&D nerds and hairband-loving guitar players. He is totally earnest... you need to Google this guy if you need a laugh.)

• Members

I like that the above-linked retailer says "CASE INCLUDED!!" Oh, good, I was worried I was being overcharged. :lol:

EDIT: Ratae beat me to it.

Another thought: Is it possible to have TOO MUCH abalone? Could we see a day where an entire guitar is made out of nothing but abalone? A man can dream, can't he?

Archived