best dual P90 guitar for under 1000

sleewell

• Members

Personally, I would buy a nice humbucker equipped guitar and put in the Duncan P-rails with the triple shots rings.

The p-90's are the best part of those pickups.

Even if you barely used the rail or the humbucker, they'd be there if you need them.

More choices of humbucker equipped guitars.

If I were going for the p-90 only, I'd look at Reverend, used EBMM Axis SS MM90, US Masters/ Regenberg (whatever that model that Warriorpoet just got), and the aforementioned Hamer.

Those P-Rails seem to be getting more and more acceptance. Maybe it's just taken awhile for them to get noticed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

went to the store this weekend. played a SG classic and fell in love, it was expensive though and they wouldnt haggle so i kept searching. then i lost a ebay auction last night for a SG classic by 5 bucks. shoot. probably will bid on that Hamer next, i really like the pics people have posted with a pickguard.

• Members

LOL!!!!!!!!!

(also-despite the upgrades, the price seems a little steep)

agreed, what seems fair? 350, 375, 400? dont want to lowball and just get rejected.

god, i was set on a SG classic but this guitar seems sweet and i would have money leftover to upgrade the pickups in my tele.

• Members

I used to own a PRS SE Soapbar II, and here are my thoughts:

- beautiful guitar

- great feeling neck

- really nice gig bag

- lacked sustain

- lackluster tone

Now maybe the lollars would take care of the negatives. I traded mine for a semi-hollow that I love.

Make sure you play one first.

• Members

agreed, what seems fair? 350, 375, 400? dont want to lowball and just get rejected.

god, i was set on a SG classic but this guitar seems sweet and i would have money leftover to upgrade the pickups in my tele.

I really like the SE Soapbars (actually the whole SE line) so I personally think even the asking price is "worth" it. My SE is my number 1. I love the chunky neck and it oozes tone. I hear nothing but great things about Lollars so I think that guitar must be awesome.

Here's mine:

2952967230099731816S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived