Just saw James Hetfield driving a hot rod...

Karma1

• Members

I was about three blocks from my house stopped at a light and I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a low slung open top hot rod behind me - something like a 32 Ford roadster. I thought, damn that guy looks like James Hetfield. When the light changed I let him pass me and sure enough it was him. Not totally surprising since I know some of Metallica live around here - I've run into Kirk Hammett at Borders and Whole Foods. But that was cool to spot a rock star at random like that just going about his business. I've also seen Neal Schon tooling around town on a big silver Harley. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw James again tomorrow since there is a classic car show in town. I know he's a big enthusiast.

• Members

if you were a true fan you would have crashed into him, kidnapped him from the wreckage and kept him trapped in your house, forcing him to write a new album to replace St Anger :o

• Members

I saw him at a Globetrotters "game" in Oakland a few years ago. Sitting like 5 rows in front of me. Pretty sure he was there with just a few people. It was weird, I guess I would have expected some kind of security or big entourage. But what do I know.

• Members

I saw him at a Globetrotters "game" in Oakland a few years ago. Sitting like 5 rows in front of me. Pretty sure he was there with just a few people. It was weird, I guess I would have expected some kind of security or big entourage. But what do I know.

Who won the game?

• Members

It's Papa Het. He is his own security. Hell, when his arm caught on fire that one time, he still punched some guy in the junk with his good hand.

• Members

Schon and Hetfield are in Bananas at Large in San Raphael all the time.

I had the incredibly good fortune to walk into Bananas at Large one time when Neal Schon was in there trying out guitars and amps. I hung out unobtrusively and got a free 15 minute demo of Neal shredding his ass off - absolutely amazing! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. He also sells a lot of his gear there and they often have a selection of it for sale.

• Members

I love reading about random celebrity sightings! Cool Hetfield story.

I ran into Kerry King from Slayer once at the Orange County airport, I said hey Kerry and proceeded to blow me off and keep walking. He is a mean looking sawed off little fart lol.

I saw BJ Thomas (Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head) at DFW Airport a number of years back standing there at a gate with a guitar case just looking like he was hoping someone would recognize him! I did and nodded, he nodded back.

Was in LA and saw Paulie Shore out and about, didn't bother to even wave lol. Saw Lemmy at a deal I went to at The Viper Room in the early 90s (was an MTV thing for the movie Airheads) and met several lesser known but soon to be huge stars like Chris Farley and Adam Sandler. Judd Nelson was there and actually struck up a conversation for like 15 minutes with me and my cousin - he was hammered and kept asking where all the hot chicks were!

• Members

I saw Mr. T once driving a red Rolls Royce convertible in Chicago- Just cruising slow down the street, waving at people... and yes, he really did have on all the chains.

lol nice. This reminds me of a story someone at work told me. He was at Tiffany's in Beverly Hills and saw Mr. T there. Mr. T was getting a new chain. He was wearing all of his other ones and wanted to add to the collection I guess haha.

• Members

i see celebs all the time living in hollywood; and especially living right on the sunset strip.

some of my favorites:

- running into danny carey (drummer of tool and my favorite drummer) buying a 12 pack of corona and a jug of orange juice at a 7-11

- doing a shot of jack with lemmy at the 3 clubs at santa monica and vine (he's a lot shorter than i thought he was)

- being jello biafra's handler for 3 days, including picking him up from the airport, taking him to meet with a new booking agent and taking him to eat a few times

- keifer sutherland coming up to me at the dresden in los feliz and and him telling me out of nowhere "awesome tattoos, dude" - i didn't even know who it was at first

- walking out of gil turner's after a booze run and seeing larry flynt in his bentley (no, he wasn't driving) at the light at sunset and doheny

- running into ron jeremy while walking my dog down sunset blvd (he was heading into the hustler store)

- the lead singer dude from puddle of mud randomly talking to me outside of the rainbow room waiting for the valet to bring up his hummer. he actually said to me as he was leaving "i'm wes ... from puddle of mud". i was like "oh, ok ... cool."

many more; but those were the ones i thought were coolest/funniest.

• Members

- the lead singer dude from puddle of mud randomly talking to me outside of the rainbow room waiting for the valet to bring up his hummer. he actually said to me as he was leaving "i'm wes ... from puddle of mud". i was like "oh, ok ... cool."

reminds me of this

[video=youtube;jelyGb0luj8]

• Members

i simply was trying to be A NICE GUY and not say "lol you suck."

Yeah, but from what I hear in addition to your testimonial there, I hear he's actually a nice guy. Given that the world is full of pricks, it's always nice when there's somebody that's famous and nice.

I used to work at Guitar Center in East Brunswick, NJ, so I caught a few famous people.

Once Queen Latifah came in to buy a bunch of stuff. She said she wanted to learn how to play guitar and bass, so she picked up a bass and a couple guitars, as well as some keyboard stuff, if I remember correctly. She was really, REALLY nice to everybody. Very unassuming and she didn't come in like "QUEEN LATIFAH IN DA HOUSE!!!" She didn't have a crazy entourage or anything, just a couple friends to help her carry stuff.

A couple of the guys from Saves the Day bought stuff off me in the accessories department. Unfortunately, at that time, I though the guy said "Save Ferris" so I was like "Oh, I like that one song..." D'oh to being a 20-year-old dumbass... LOL They were nice, too.

One time, my buddy and I went to an ECW event in Asbury Park. This was before WWE bought out ECDub. My buddy's favorite wrestler was Balls Mahoney, who happened to be born in my hometown of Nutley, NJ. Dude was a huge prick to my buddy. He was standing up at the top of the amphitheater, leaning up against the railing, and my buddy went up to say hi. Instead of being gracious, he was like, "I hate when little twerps like you bother me while I'm trying to watch a match. GO AWAY!"

Archived