F*CK YOU, D'ADDARIO!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I've always hated D'Addario, but it's only because I was annoyed by their print ads ha ha. I'm a shallow fella.

I used DR for pretty much forever until I joined a Floyd tribute act. Now I use the Gilmour strings, which are made by GHS.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've only had that happen with Dean Markley. Bought a dozen sets, 1/2 of them were missing the b.

New set missing the b string. This is the 2nd time this has happened, except last time it was the hi e.

For a guy who always changes all 6 of his strings, this really sucks because it's a waste of a whole pack.

Not like I would try to return them... they'll think I'm tryin for free strings AND I buy strings in somewhat large quantities, so the recipt is long gone.

{censored} you, D'Addario.

I think I'm switching back to Ernie Balls.

• Members

d'addario's customer service is great. one time i bought a pack and it had two A strings and no D string. sent them an e-mail and a free pack was on the way to my house the next day. never had any other problems with them besides for that.

I had a similar experience with a pack of D'Addario acoustic strings that had one string missing. I emailed them asking for the missing string and they sent it plus a whole new pack.

• Members

Just an update.

I emailed them yesterday morning. Got a response today. they offered to send me two more sets and two b and hi e strings. Fair enough.

Hopefully they'll send more than that as I do love free stuff, but whatevs. That's good CS and I think I'll stick with the D. I like them more than EBs for sure.

• Members

Nothing but the best in customer service form D'Addario has been my experience. Never a problem with strings but 2 separate times I had problems with their cable that has the circuit breaker plug. First time they sent me 2 cables, second time they sent me their pedal board kit with 100' of wire and plugs.

• Members

I don't like their strings, but I think if you just contacted them they would more than make up for the error. I make a point of it to give vendors a chance before I bash them on a public forum.

I had an issue with a sketchy quality guitar recently that it took me 3 e-mails to finally be satisfied with the vendors response. I don't think I'd buy a guitar from them again, but I can't go as far as to bash them here since they eventually did the right thing.

• Members

Interesting. I've had the same happen more than once (on different brands), but never thought of emailing a complaint.

If you have a problem you should ALWAYS let the company know. First of all, they usually will make things right, as happened here. Some companies really go the extra mile - back in the early days of Alesis, they stated having a 90 day warranty but the reality was that if you sent anything in even a couple years later, they'd fix it for free unless it had clearly been abused. They figured that a) it was better to exceed expectations, and b) they published "90 days" so they were off the hook if someone really had abused their gear.

Second, it's important for the company to know if there's a problem. I've found obscure software bugs and fixes for same that companies never found on their own. I'd let them know and a few days later, the fix would be in their knowledgebase. I wouldn't be surprised if after getting the email from notjonahbutnoah someone at D'Addario took a really close look at their packing machines to make sure there isn't a problem where one of them is skipping B strings.

Also, notjonahbutnoah also made the right move by being courteous. You do catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar :)

Do you want me to add [now with update] to the thread title?

• Members

I've never been missing a string in a set from any manufacturer. I did end up missing a G string at a party one time, but I'd gotten really drunk and.....Oh wait, different subject.

NEVERMIND.

• Members

I've been using D's since the early 80s and have never had that happen to me. It's just you man! :D

I have a whole set of their pint glasses. Luv em.

I get mine from Strings and beyond.

Tech 21 has the best cust svc ever. I would not hesitate to buy their gear again.

Archived