F*CK YOU, D'ADDARIO!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

^^ But i suppose that's the whole point. The film is about how he {censored}s everyone over, including his son, the farmers, and the scenery. It's a devastating character with a devastating script. Difficult to deliver that in any more subtle a way than he did - some of his fury is very understated, but then occasionally it bursts out in an insanely cruel way... which is also just as well, because there's relatively little else in the film apart from him and those he destroys; so he sort of had to own the entire film, if you know what I mean?

But whatever rocks your boat as they say. I can see that it could be a depressing, difficult to watch film for many. Not sure I want to watch it again for a while!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Years ago I was talking with the owner of a small music store as he was stretching out new strings on a Les Paul copy. He yanked a little too hard and the high E snapped off. He just grabbed a new pack of strings and pulled out the high E and replaced it. I wondered if that pack of 5 strings was going to get put back on the shelf - I always assumed this is how you end up buying a pack with a missing string.

• Members

I did contact them, and dammit I didn't bash them. I told the truth.

Not to pile on, but the title you chose for this thread crossed the line to bashing.

I'm glad you contacted them and they're making it right.

• Members

Years ago I was talking with the owner of a small music store as he was stretching out new strings on a Les Paul copy. He yanked a little too hard and the high E snapped off. He just grabbed a new pack of strings and pulled out the high E and replaced it. I wondered if that pack of 5 strings was going to get put back on the shelf - I always assumed this is how you end up buying a pack with a missing string.

D'Addario's come in a sealed plastic bag. If a string were taken out, the bag sould be opened already. That's part of the reason I like da big D's. I did get some strings years ago, Balls I think, that were rusty. I was living in Portland at the time and they'd been on the shelf too long in a fairly humid environment. The music store asshole wouldn't give me a fresh set. This is an advantage D'Addario strings have and they advertise that fact.

• Members

Happened to me with GHS. I'm a big fan of boomers. I've actually had it happen twice now that i think about it. I've only been playing for 4 or 5 years but I'm an avid player. I've been through hundreds of sets but still, pretty rare. Never really thought to contact them. Seems like a lot of trouble for a piece of wire. haha

• Members
Happened to me with GHS. I'm a big fan of boomers. I've actually had it happen twice now that i think about it. I've only been playing for 4 or 5 years but I'm an avid player. I've been through hundreds of sets but still, pretty rare. Never really thought to contact them.
Seems like a lot of trouble for a piece of wire.
haha

Well, kinda, but not really. I just sent a quick email and bam. Now the strings are on their way to the door. I'll update when I actually get them, but the guy said he'd send two fresh packs and then two additional hi e's and two additional B's. I wouldn't mind some swag though. Deep down, I really really like their strings.

The set I just pulled off my LP lasted two shows and about 5 practices, and were still in pretty decent shape. I didn't even clean them as often as I should have. :thu:

• Members

d'addario's customer service is great. one time i bought a pack and it had two A strings and no D string. sent them an e-mail and a free pack was on the way to my house the next day. never had any other problems with them besides for that.

Similar experience. Just call and be nice, they'll ship you free stuff or coupons. Most companies will.

• Members

Sounds like that store got a batch with errors. It can happen. It's like when a run of books hits page 30, skips to page 53, and then repeats from page 53 to the end. Have you contacted the store to let them know they may have more possibly disgruntled customers?

• Members

Sounds like that store got a batch with errors. It can happen. It's like when a run of books hits page 30, skips to page 53, and then repeats from page 53 to the end. Have you contacted the store to let them know they may have more possibly disgruntled customers?

No, but I'm not that worried about it as last time I bought all the hybrids that they had. They never have more than 10 of that particular gauge.

That's a good idea though. If they were straight 10's or 9's I would.

• Members

I have been using Daddarios for 14 years. I have only had a problem with ONE high E string that came unraveled when I tuned it to pitch. I would say thats pretty great success if you ask me. I have tried a bunch of different brands but keep coming back to Daddario. Great strings if you ask me.

• Members

I have been using Daddarios for 14 years. I have only had a problem with ONE high E string that came unraveled when I tuned it to pitch. I would say thats pretty great success if you ask me.
I have tried a bunch of different brands but keep coming back to Daddario.
Great strings if you ask me.

Same here. I tried em all and ended up right back where I started 16 years ago. They have been consistent and relatively cheap if you buy them in bulk.

• Members

Wow I never knew companies send you replacements if you email their CS. I played elixirs on my acoustics years ago and the damn G strings kept breaking, so I swore off them because in Canada they're ridiculously expensive. I switched to buying bulk D'addarios and have only had one missing D string once.

Archived