Does anyone buy their guitar strings online?

MuyLoCo444

• Members

Yeah, I buy all my strings online. I use several sets of 'unusual' strings on a few guitars that GC or the local shops don't stock. I usually just order my normal strings at the same time to save on shipping and hassle, and they are much cheaper than in the local stores.

• Members

I buy the 10 packs from MF.

I do the same thing... works out a good bit cheaper this way and as a rule of thumb if I'm ordering anything from MF I just add a 10 pack in since I have to ship internationally it works out cheaper in the end for me...

• Members

SOT -- but has anybody tried the DR Neon strings? I've been sort of curious to check them out -- I think the yellows or pinks would look pretty wild on my LPB tele...

Oh -- and back to the topic-at-hand: I usually buy strings locally, but when I'm getting something high $$ enough online to get free shipping, then I will usually throw in some of the smaller items (e.g. strings, picks, etc.) I tend to buy bulk packs of strings when the pricing is right.

• Members

SOT -- but has anybody tried the DR Neon strings? I've been sort of curious to check them out -- I think the yellows or pinks would look pretty wild on my LPB tele...

Oh -- and back to the topic-at-hand: I usually buy strings locally, but when I'm getting something high $$ enough online to get free shipping, then I will usually throw in some of the smaller items (e.g. strings, picks, etc.) I tend to buy bulk packs of strings when the pricing is right.

A guitar at my local store had them on there. I didn't like them, but it's probably just preference. Doesn't hurt to give them a try.

I nearly always buy my strings from Musician's Friend.

• Members

From the 'great deals' thread on this very board, I've been able to get strings for 2.25 a pack or less, 10 or 12 sets at a time. Now the sales tax thing is changing for CA residents. Where have all the good times gone?

• Members

Strings here are a rip off, it's like 8 bucks for freaking EBs. Definately gonna order online, plus I want to try Rotosounds and if not get EBs a lot cheaper. And to Toshiro, thanks for showing that site; free shipping to Canada is hard to come by and they have what I was looking for, at a good price so thanks :D

• Members

Strings here are a rip off, it's like 8 bucks for freaking EBs. Definately gonna order online, plus I want to try Rotosounds and if not get EBs a lot cheaper. And to Toshiro, thanks for showing that site; free shipping to Canada is hard to come by and they have what I was looking for, at a good price so thanks
:D

Buy only one set of rotosound guitar strings. they are truely suckey guitar strings the go dead fast and corrode badly. maybe they're your thing you never know. its ashame because they used to make the best bass strings ever, and they did have some decent electric strings in the past, like back in the 70s. i dont know what they've done since then, but they likely cheapened up and using cheap metal now.

I keep about 25 guitars strung up in the studio and buy in bulk. I usually throw a set on the order I havent tried before so I can have an idea of what all brands sound like.

Try a set of saffarzo strings if you havent used them before when you get a chance. They are truely good strings for maintaining tuning, intonation and tone. There are a few others I use depending on the instrument. I do alot of recording and having sour strings is something that just doesnt work so I'll pay to use whatever works best.

• Members
Buy only one set of rotosound guitar strings. they are truely suckey guitar strings the go dead fast and corrode badly. maybe they're your thing you never know. its ashame because they used to make the best bass strings ever, and they did have some decent electric strings in the past, like back in the 70s. i dont know what they've done since then, but they likely cheapened up and using cheap metal now.

I keep about 25 guitars strung up in the studio and buy in bulk. I usually throw a set on the order I havent tried before so I can have an idea of what all brands sound like.

Try a set of saffarzo strings if you havent used them before when you get a chance. They are truely good strings for maintaining tuning, intonation and tone. There are a few others I use depending on the instrument. I do alot of recording and having sour strings is something that just doesnt work so I'll pay to use whatever works best.

Ok, thanks. Check your inbox please :D

Archived