Does anyone buy their guitar strings online?

MuyLoCo444

• Members

Yep!

I buy my Ernie B 10-52s 10 packs at a time from StringsDirect ... discounted. Which reminds me ... time to get some more.

Me too. I tried to get my local shop to give me a discount if I bought all my strings twenty packs at a time from him (I use two or three sets a week), but got nowhere, even though I didn't ask him to be as cheap as the online place.

I'd rather support my local shop, but it needs to work both ways.

• Members

Pretty much any time I'm buying something online and already getting 15-20% off I'll add a 10 or 12 pack of whatever is on sale. Usually d'addarios, ernie balls, or dean markleys will be marked down to $25-30 (more or lees) a box, which turns out to be around $2 a set. Obviously that is much less than the price at a local store...

• Members

bought a pack of mediums from GuitarFetish.com @ 26.95 for 12 sets

- beat that . . .

MF/m123/GC regularly have Dean Markley Vintage 12 packs for $26.99 (although they are currently 29.99). And if you buy while purchasing something else when they're having a 15% off sale, they're as low as $22.94 (or $25.49 at regular price).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dean-markley-1973-vintage-reissue-electric-guitar-strings-12-pack/582226000000000

• Members

I only buy sets of reinforced 9s online. I get the bulk of my strings from my local guitar store. Two packs of EBs for 10GBP. That may be a little pricey, but I really don't want them to go out of business.

Hopefully, selling overpriced strings is not the only thing keeping them in business...

• Members

Hopefully, selling overpriced strings is not the only thing keeping them in business...

Well, the last person to buy an actual guitar from there was... Me! And that was back in December last year. Reminiscent of a Hank Marvin Strat, gorgeous thing. When I go in there now, it's mostly kids buying guitar picks or having their Ibanez Gio's restrung or having the truss-rods adjusted because they tuned to dropped C and wondered why it sounded like {censored}.

Archived