• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None of them are posers!!!

They are up there doing it.

Are you? Whats your claim to fame?

Agreed.

Not everyone who picks up a guitar is destined, or even cares, to be a guitar god. Some of us are happy just to be able to strum some chords while singing.

• Members

i know, yes i don't gig or by no means am i accomplished - but say with rattle and hum, i can't seem to make out the chords and the strumming of bono, does not seem to jive with the music track

with mick and elvis, i just see photos, but on footages, i don't see them play the guitar, so i am wondering if they do play the guitar

• Members

Ok, Elvis had the pipes of an angel, but I wouldn't recognize him based on his guitar playing primarily. He could definitely rock a crowd though which is a huge part of it, unless you're some kinda of session virtuoso.

I like him, listen to him somewhat regularly, but I can't help but feel like he rode Chuck Berry's coat tails a bit... kinda like the Beatles. Without Chuck, these guys might still be strangers to us. :idk:

• Members

i know, yes i don't gig or by no means am i accomplished - but say with rattle and hum, i can't seem to make out the chords and the strumming of bono, does not seem to jive with the music track

with mick and elvis, i just see photos, but on footages, i don't see them play the guitar, so i am wondering if they do play the guitar

I have seen Mick play several times.

• Members

Yeah, hard to argue any of them are posers with the level of success they have achieved. Bono may not be a great guitar player, but I'm sure he can strum the {censored}ing cowboy chords to Angel of Harlem in front of a packed stadium. I saw it with my own eyes.

• Members

Elvis was Malcolm Young to Scotty Moore's Angus Young.
:o

This is correct! Would you call John Lennon a poser? He played rhythm guitar on some of the biggest, longest lasting, most remembered pop songs of the last century...

He also could play a mean lead guitar too. It's him playing the lead solo on Get Back...although McCartney probably had to show it to him first...:lol:

I think anyone who makes it successfully in the music industry no matter what genre is certainly not a poser. I may not always like the music they play but it doesn't mean they are any less better than anyone else.

Archived