GFS for the long haul

jjpistols

• Members

It seems to me from reading here that many people are excited about the new sound when they install GFS pickups, but seem to end up replacing them after the honeymoon wears off.

How many people are long time loyalists, and which models are you sticking with?

how many of you were searching again after a month or so?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have had mean90s in my main axe for almost a year and they are wonderful. Took a bit of time to adjust them with the right pole piece height and overall height, but they really make my tubes sing. No desire to change them out in the foreseeable future.

• Members

I bought the power rail, liked it when I was playing at home, didn't care much for it when I played it with the band, didn't seem to cut in the mix very well, Jay told me that the crunchy rail would be more apropriate for me, maybe I'll try the crunchy rail or maybe I will spend an extra 10$ and get a Bill Lawrence. So mixed feelings here.

• Members

Texas Premium Staggered will stay in my one Strat

Hot 60's lead Tele pickup and Mini PAF will stay on my Burst

Crunch PAF's will stay in one of my Other Strats

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Little Killers/Punchers, but my clients love them.

Vintage 59 bucker did not stay long in one of my strats.

• Members

I've heard that GFS lose their resistance after a while. Is this true? I read two or three reviews here on Harmony where they said they noticed a decrease in the amount of the pull the magnet generated over a few months. Anyone know anything about that? Does that effect the sound or tone? I've never heard of that happening on such a short time span.

• Members

I've heard that GFS lose their resistance after a while. Is this true? I read two or three reviews here on Harmony where they said they noticed a decrease in the amount of the pull the magnet generated over a few months. Anyone know anything about that? Does that effect the sound or tone? I've never heard of that happening on such a short time span.

Mine pull just fine.

• Members

I haven't heard that but it seems rather far-fetched to me

anyone else know?

• Members

I have a set of his PAFs in my Ibanez. For the life of me, I can never remember if they're the crunchies or fats...but they've been in there over a year and will not be coming out any time soon (cause I like `em)\n

The set of premium alnico II strat pups I have are nice as well...I'm gonna sell one of my 2 strats and need to decided if those stay or the American std pups do...

Archived