$1800 for a Squier Stratocaster???

EricJohn

Early to mid 80s era MIJ SQ and JV series instruments go for pretty good money these days. They're nice guitars IMO. So is the E series stuff, but they're much more reasonable in terms of price - around five hundred via ebay, less from a local / private party.

I still think that one's overpriced though. :idk:

• Members

Reminds me of the time I found a 2003 MIJ Pink Paisley Telecaster and the guy wanted $20,000 on eBay... Hahaha what a moron... I was like, you really think that a guitar you paid $700 bucks for 2 years ago is worth 20K??? His answer was, "Did you see that beat up piece of {censored} 1960s model going for $10,000???" hahaha Still makes me laugh, some people have no {censored}ing idea what is going on...

• Members

Maybe he put the decimal in the wrong place...maybe he meant $18.00??? LOL!

Seriously for $1,800.00 I could get a great American made guitar. That guy is smoking WAY too much crack.

And he's wasting his ebay fee's while he is at it. (Unless he meets another crackhead on ebay willing to buy it)

• Members
I love Squier products. But if I had this kind of money laying around, wouldn't I get an American Deluxe or a Clapton Strat?
:confused:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-MIJ-SQ-SQUIER-STRATOCASTER-/320748285418?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aae166dea

Yes but that particular Squier is a better guitar than those overpriced MIA pieces of {censored} and no I'm not kidding.

Archived