Recommend me a tuner pedal

Faber

• Members

Somebody stole my trusty TU-2 at last weeks gig (of all the stuff on stage, why that?!?!). Is the Boss still the one to get? I've been looking at the Polytune as well, so any comparison of those would be appreciated as well

• Members

I've got two pedalboards. My main one and a secondary smaller board.

I've used the Pitchblack since it came out, and recently bought the polytune to go on my main board with the idea of sticking the pitchblack on the small (lesser) board. Ended up keeping the Pitchblack on the main board, it has a much better display than the polytune, even though the polytune has a nicer looking enclosure.

For the money, you really cant beat the pitchblack.

• Members

Having used a TU-2, Korg Pitch Black, and the TC PolyTune, here's how I rank them:

1. Pitch Black. Not even close, really. It's the fastest tuner of the three and easier to read. It is on my main board. Always picks up the note no matter what instrument.

2. PolyTune. Good tuner, but it's just not quite as fast as the Pitch Black, and not only that, the tuner is not as good as tuning a bass as the Pitch Black is, especially with flatwounds on a bass guitar, where it really struggles.

3. TU-2. Tuning-wise, pretty much on par with the rest, so on features, PolyTune wins. I sold it once I had the other two.

• Members

2. PolyTune. Good tuner, but it's just not quite as fast as the Pitch Black, and not only that, the tuner is not as good as tuning a bass as the Pitch Black is, especially with flatwounds on a bass guitar, where it really struggles.

?????? Did your Polytune have a weak battery or something? mine has no problems with bass. You ARE setting it to the bass setting before plugging the bass in aren't you.

Archived