Which (viable) classic band would you like to see play a final concert?

AlexMC

• Members

Non anything good by any of them has been done and recorded. What are they going to do mimic to backing tracks?

but like what Plant has done with Band of Joy and just go on the road and do it is awesome. Totally bought that CD to suport that effert.

• Members

I'd love to see one final Metallica concert. They'd have to swear a blood oath to never record anything new afterwards. If they'd retired in 2000, they'd have left an awesome legacy. Sadly, they've become everything they once fought against. So sad =(

Oh and to give a real answer to who I'd love to see play one more for the road, it'd have to be Guns 'n Roses. They were amazing back in the day, and based on their solo work, I think they could be again. Yeah, Axl's voice ain't what it used to be, but he still has his moments. Too bad they can't all get over their ego and move forward with the reunion tour. Heck, even Van Halen is doing it!

• Members

I'd love to see one final Metallica concert. They'd have to swear a blood oath to never record anything new afterwards. If they'd retired in 2000, they'd have left an awesome legacy. Sadly, they've become everything they once fought against. So sad =(

Oh and to give a real answer to who I'd love to see play one more for the road, it'd have to be Guns 'n Roses. They were amazing back in the day, and based on their solo work, I think they could be again. Yeah, Axl's voice ain't what it used to be, but he still has his moments. Too bad they can't all get over their ego and move forward with the reunion tour. Heck, even Van Halen is doing it!

Man, I'm a huge Metallica fan, and would agree with you if Death Magnetic wasn't a bitchin and heavy record. It reminds me of what they'd sound like if they released a record between Justice and the Black album. And if you watch the YouTube videos of them working on that record, it was a lot different than Some kind Of Monster... You could tell they were all really enjoying being a band again. If they stick to writing metal songs instead of radio hits, then they've got a few more records in them.

• Members

I'm interested in seeing Paul and Ringo perform with John and George's sons. That's happening at the Olympics, right?

That would be interesting.

I would vote for Metallica...if the really promised that would be it over after that.....or better yet.....if they just said it was over. :)

• Members

Well soundgarden is alive and well, the tea party are alive and well, Alice in Chains are sort of alive (RIP layne) but they're still kicking ass soooo i say....

Original lineup of I Mother Earth

Original GNR... with Sorum, adler can no longer drum well

and Oasis.

these guys are all classic rock, don't care what you guys say :D

Archived