This has to be a joke... right?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

I dunno... I had a 62 Esquire and it sounds pretty decent... but I think a 55 pickguard would really help bring teh toanz. :love:

Seriously though, if you had a 55 Esquire and you were looking to sell it, and the pickguard was significantly damaged, this might more than offset the $1,000 cost. :idk:

• Members

I dunno... I had a 62 Esquire and it sounds pretty decent... but I think a 55 pickguard would really help bring teh toanz.
:love:

Seriously though, if you had a 55 Esquire and you were looking to sell it, and the pickguard was significantly damaged, this might more than offset the $1,000 cost.
:idk:

There's no "might" to it. A complete vintage piece is always going to be worth a lot more than one with a component missing or damaged. $500 for a knob, $1000 for a pickguard, these are insignificant compared to the huge money a the entire guitar can bring. No one is buying these parts to install on their Agiles or Squiers. These are the rarest of the rare replacement parts, and that is reflected in their prices.

Archived