It Sits Around Collecting Dust But You Won't Part With It.

ggm1960

• Members

Two Silvertone 1484 Twin Twelve heads. Tascam portastudio that I keep thinking I will use to retune some cassettes that were accidentally recorded using the wrong transformer voltage. Most significant is my first electric guitar, a '66 Tele Custom with a warped neck and microphonic squealy pups. I've looked into a Warmouth neck and new pups or repotting the old ones, but it stays on the back burner.

I live in fear of the Night of the Living Hard Drive, when all the computers living in closets break their bonds of imprisonment and return to haunt us.

• Members

Rooland GR09 midi guitar synth. I havent even riggeed the special pickup to my guitar in several years.

I dont think my Akai DR8 counts cause about once a year there is some old old song i want to remix and I use this to load up the old files onto my new rig.

New to the list is my RNC. Since getting the UA stuff ive been enamored with the ITB comps it provides.

Oh yeah- then there is my closet full of cables. Balanced, unbalanced whatever.. Its mostly virtual ITB connections these days. I figure these babies eventually get noisy/intermittant and i now have enough replacements for my guitar rig to last several lifetimes.

• Members

Oh yeah- then there is my closet full of cables.

That reminds me.....I've got a Carvin 100' 8 channel snake tucked away in a drawer and I can't remember the last time I used that. With the last band I ran sound from the stage. As much as I'd like to post it for sale, there's always the off chance that I'll need it again.

• Members
Every once in a while my woman says I need to document all these guitars and gear around here so in case I kick the bucket the family will have some idea of what all this stuff is and what it's worth.

I did/do that everytime my wife and I fly away on vacation so our kids will know what the approximate worth is. One daughter is a player so she has some basic idea what the gear is worth.
I always put that in he safe with a list of assets/liabilities, car keys etc.
I know it sounds anal and fatalistic, but after 911 things have changed.

I always keep at least a thousand in cash in the house, a 'bug out bag' with ammo, pistols and all important doucuments in a packet in the safe to throw into the bag. I have a box of canned goods and MRE'S plus water purifying pills/matches/shovel flashlight, sleeping bags etc....C'MON APOCALYPSE,,,, I'M READY!:lol:
Both cars always have a minimum of 1/2 tank of gas at all times.
MY wife thinks I'm TOO prepared and it scares her.

My brother who lives in Oahu is so laid back...He lives not even a 1/2 mile from the beach, when the Tsunami warning came last Sunday, his gas tank was almost on empty, he was lucky to be the next to last guy in the gas station line that got some gas...he went to the ATM and it was out of cash and he had about 15 dollars on him.

• Members

- Echo Mia PCI card that I removed from my retired Win98 machine and haven't used since. Technically, I "used" it in the sense that I installed it in an XP box, but I didn't do anything with it. Great card, but not likely to get used again.

- Peavey Dirty Dog pedal that I bought to add a channel to an old Peavey VTM-60 tube head. It was (from what I gather) an unpopular product, attempting to put the then-new TransTube preamp circuit into a pedal. Not very good on its own, but great for turning the single-channel VTM into a dual-channel beast. Sold the amp, kept the pedal, and haven't touched it in years.

- Hamer USA Californian Elite that sounds and plays great, but just doesn't get any stage time. I already sold another USA Californian, but this one has some sentimental value and is probably my nicest guitar. Unfortunately, I'm at that point where it's hard to justify keeping anything I don't use . . . especially when I could probably sell it for more than I paid.

• Members

My Mesa Boogie Mark IV (early 90's when they first came out). I don't use it much for quite some time, it needs new tubes and the pots have gone scratchy, plus the reverb has quit working. I'll probably never gig on a big scale again so don't need a 100 watt amp but wow, the silent recording direct out just sounds so cool compared to any digital thingy I've tried. I can get in the same sustain territory with my Cream Machine, but the Boog must stay.

Now mention the stuff I've got around that I should sell and that will be quite a list!

• Members

Alesis MMT-8

Computers are so much easier for MIDI, but try and find a mint MMT-8 in the black case.

TEAC 2340-SX reel to reel, 4 Track with Simul-Sync

Mint also...try and find one! Ditto...computers are easier.

B.C. Rich Mockingbird (1982)

Original American made model by Bernie. Maybe one day I'll restore it and rock out again on it.

Yamaha G100-212 SS amp (circa 1980)

Cold sounding amp.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Akai S3200 sampler, Akai VX90 synth, Akai PEQ6 equalizer, Akai AR900 reverb, Grace Lunatek preamp, E-Mu E4x sampler, Yamaha TX802, Casio CZ1, Casio CZ101, Casio VZ10M synth, Roland Alpha Juno 1, Fender Nashville Telecaster

• Members

TASCAM 40-4 1/4" 4-track recorder, the top of their line when I got it back in 1979.  With flight case.  I'd actually like to get rid of it -- any offers?

Roland RE301 Chorus Echo, purchased new in 1978.  Needs some TLC.  I'll also consider offers on this.  All the parts work, but it sounds muddy (even with a new tape).  I'm hoping that it just needs a tuneup.  Any offers?

1977 Rhodes Stage 73, purchased new in 1978.  I do play it now and then. I just replaced grommets & springs and did the miracle mod (bump) for the action, voiced and tuned it.  Need to replace two dodgy tines; otherwise it's in great shape, with all parts.  Not entertaining any offers, thanks.

The first instrument I owned: a National "LPC", which stands for Les Paul Copy.  It no longer says National on it since when I got it I stripped it.  It does look better wood-grain than it did black.  A cheap copy, with laminated top (which makes it cool for practicing unplugged) and zero-fret.  I've replaced all the hardware, from machine heads to tailpiece, and a friend gave me a pair of 490 pups, so now it's actually a pretty decent guitar, as long as you don't expect it to handle like a LP.  But I'm a single-coil guy.  It's worth more as parts, and I'm keeping it.  (The electric I play regularly, a 65 Jazzmaster, is also worth more as parts.  Ah well.)  Here's a pic from before I replaces the pups: 

National LPC

• Moderators

boosh wrote:

It Sits Around Collecting Dust But You Won't Part With It.

My Dick???

Remember,..This year I'll be married for 7 years,........

Reported!  Adult content in the PG-13 "Safe Harbor" area!!! 

Just kidding, sorta.  I LOL'd. :D

Terry D.

Archived