"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is the $30 'not-quite-a-strat' I rescued this week from its destiny at a garbage dump.

Once I had cleaned all the Scooby-Doo stickers and grime off it,restrung and reset it and blocked off the tired old trem it looks almost convincing? :freak:

It makes a noise too - which is nice!

(I'll get a real one one-day;) !)

PS,,,ermmm...why do I have a picture of a monkey under my post??

• Moderators
Here is the $30 'not-quite-a-strat' I rescued this week from its destiny at a garbage dump.

Once I had cleaned all the Scooby-Doo stickers and grime off it,restrung and reset it and blocked off the tired old trem it looks almost convincing?
:freak:

It makes a noise too - which is nice!

(I'll get a real one one-day;) !)

PS,,,ermmm...why do I have a picture of a monkey under my post??

Hehe Flori, I see the expansion has started:cool: What is that btw?

• Members

Hi Ratae.....
Yup
They told me this would happen! :rolleyes:

I'm too embarrassed to tell you what it is.......lets just say it sounds a bit like a well known Japanese car maker beggining with 'H' ;)
(Actually-it SOUNDS a bit like a Japanese car!!)
I 've learnt a lot about setting up by making it go 'though.

Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

(...anybody throwing away a Gibson LP....PRS singlecut....Telecaster....Encore..???)

Best W.

flori

• Members
Love my 98' Am. Std. Natural

guitars.jpg

Yup, that's almost exactly like mine (which I also got in '98) except that mine has a rosewood fretboard (which I had the shop necks for), the grain isn't as figured (in the front at least) and the pups aren't antiqued like that:

Front: http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4908015
Back: http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4908016
In case: http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4908014

(sorry for the blurry pics. I need to take more with my new camera)

• Members
IMG_7256.jpgIMG_7257.jpgIMG_7258.jpgIMG_7259.jpg
The black one is the 00
The tobacco burst is a $35 ebay loaded body with a mighty mite neck, My first build up, a cheap test. Cant get the intonation right.
the rebel flag one is an old plywood vester.
the Ibanez is crap but looks pretty
The dipinto Mach 4 is a Mosrite knockoff that is pretty awesome.

• Members
What model is that? Looks a lot like my '57 reissue but doesn't look like nitro on the neck.

Hey man, that's cool. Though tis a straight 2004 Standard USA Straotcaster.

Will grab some more shots of the neck tonight if you like.

Maybe even if you don't :) Do we mind Strat copies on this thread? Got a fun one.

- Ged

• Members

A lot of people think that the star inlays are a bit tacky. Personally, I think they make the guitar instantly stand out a mile from other strats.

The Mark I Samboras all had FR bridges with locking nuts. The big stars shrink down the fretboard towards the body also. The mid-boost system is the 25dB Clapton Circuit.

In 1998 (I think), Fender introduced the new Mark II Samboras and discontinued the first series around this time also. The newer models featured a vintage trem with Fender Hot Noiseless pickups and only a 12dB mid-boost. The stars reamined but were altered so that all were of equal smaller size (the same as those that can bee seen on my Mark I strats above 12th fret). These were discontinued in 2002 when Richie left Fender.

The Mark I Samboras are the ones all the collectors are after though! My new build project is the doubleneck strat Richie used in the mid 90s on tour with Bon Jovi. Here's a pic:

Doubleneckstrat.jpg

The necks cost a bloody fortune though as Fender won't make you one and a lot of other companies like Warmoth and Mighty Mite don't make them to the specs I want so I have to grab them as the come up on Ebay or strip them from Mark I Samboras which, given their collective status, gets very costly! I managed to pick up one on Ebay (from an original Sambora prototype actually) but paid

• Members
A lot of people think that the star inlays are a bit tacky. Personally, I think they make the guitar instantly stand out a mile from other strats.

The Mark I Samboras all had FR bridges with locking nuts. The big stars shrink down the fretboard towards the body also. The mid-boost system is the 25dB Clapton Circuit.

In 1998 (I think), Fender introduced the new Mark II Samboras and discontinued the first series around this time also. The newer models featured a vintage trem with Fender Hot Noiseless pickups and only a 12dB mid-boost. The stars reamined but were altered so that all were of equal smaller size (the same as those that can bee seen on my Mark I strats above 12th fret). These were discontinued in 2002 when Richie left Fender.

The Mark I Samboras are the ones all the collectors are after though! My new build project is the doubleneck strat Richie used in the mid 90s on tour with Bon Jovi. Here's a pic:

Doubleneckstrat.jpg

The necks cost a bloody fortune though as Fender won't make you one and a lot of other companies like Warmoth and Mighty Mite don't make them to the specs I want so I have to grab them as the come up on Ebay or strip them from Mark I Samboras which, given their collective status, gets very costly! I managed to pick up one on Ebay (from an original Sambora prototype actually) but paid

Archived