"OFFICIAL" Stratocaster Club!

GarysBlues

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's a shot of the SRV I had ripped from a Gig and a shot of the one I bought this year. The grain is VERY VERY VERY so close. So close that I freaked originally and thought it was my stolen SRV. Over the years I have only seen THESE TWO with Alder that is this figured that it almost resembles Ash. Both of them not only are that close in figured Alder but also the Finish. Turns out NOT the One, But also I was so impressed with the action and feel of the Strat. Usually you have to fight the SRV's with the Dunlop frets. But not this one. Has one of the better factory fret jobs I seen by Fender. And the Texas Specials? Well; they just sound different in here. Before I could have took them of left them. Matter of fact in the photos above you'll see I removed them from a Lonestar in place of sensors. But in the new SRV they are Nice! Wouldn't go without these. Everything about this SRV is right. Weight is as light as I have seen ANY Strat, just hitting 7lbs with the Trem Arm in. Just seems like someone took a special interest iun building this one. Photo0060.jpgjan30_07.jpgjan30_06.jpg

• Members

The top picture is the Stolen SRV. The others are New SRV. But the Figuring on the Alder is just so close on the Two its astonishing. I don't have any [wish I did] better photo's of the two being compared. And the camera I use to use as opposed to the Canon I'm using now are drastically different. But you can get the idea. I THINK?

• Moderators

This a recently finished guitar, based very closely on a Jeff Beck. The body and componentry is the current JB model although the body is from a pearl white Am. Deluxe, while the neck is a warmoth, meant to be a closer likeness of the neck on the Mk I JB, the so called baseball bat neck, a beautiful player.

Deluxe2.jpg
deluxe1.jpg

and this is my BABY (I'm bgettin the upper case thing off Gary B:cry: )

She's a handmade swamp ash body, warmoth boatneck, ebony board, jumbo stainless frets, Vintage Vibes P90 style Strat pups with a Deaf eddie Fat-o-Caster radial switch and Wilkinson Gotoh VS100 vibrato unit...I'd put this against any guitar:cool:
Stratgoodness.jpg
downneck2.jpg

• Members

Love those NATURAL Finished Strats. I also let a Hendrix Tribute getaway like B'Breakers a few years back. Like NEW still had plastic on the guard. Sam Ash wanted $800, bills. Not a great deal at the time, but not bad either. Problem was I had my Heart set on a Les-Paul Classic that was their. Which I bought and wound up selling when the Faded Standard 50's neck came out. Another I lost in 98 was a Cray CS in Purple with Gold Hardware. Sam Ash again. Was a Sale going on that day plus there was a flyer out at the time for $100 off any new or used Fender. I could have bought the Cray for $730. I PASSED for Tele? Those are the TWO that haunt me.

• Members

Here's mine.......this was when it was new...sorry bout poor pic quality....cell phone:cry:

Picture67.jpg

Picture75.jpg

And this is her now;
Image011.jpg

One of the little collets in the original vintage type tuners was real loose in the hole in the headfstock....one day I snapped my b string at a gig, and the collet fell out and was lost.....so I fitted a set of sperzels, cos they have a nut on the top and that cant happen.
Then I wired it for series/parallel and fitted and afterburner boost on the bottom tone control.....this was fine but I couldnt grab the strat type knobs and pull it up real easy so I stuck those gold metal ones with the grub screw in on there.
I got some steel saddles from gfs just to see if there was any difference, and I have sine added a callaham trem block.

There is a metallic blue MIA strat, second hand in my local music store...it has the two point trem, roller nut and gold lace sensors....it may just follow me home soon!

• Members

No the Finish is tinted that way intentionally. Fender does a lot of that on the necks that they are trying to give a Vintage vibe. I really think they look great. Though many players feel that the Finish is somewhat stickey if they are sweating and playing? I haven't had any issues with mine.

• Members

No the Finish is tinted that way intentionally. Fender does a lot of that on the necks that they are trying to give a Vintage vibe. I really think they look great. Though many players feel that the Finish is somewhat stickey if they are sweating and playing? I haven't had any issues with mine.

yea i prefer the "aged" look to the standard white (not a fan of untanned things) and it isn't sticky for me.

actually, my japanese strat is the only guitar EVER that came perfect right out of the box.

i was absolutely amazed that I wasn't disappointed!

Archived